Chapter 39

Diego's POV

Dealing with my own family is not my specialty, that's why when Noemi asked I told her my father was dead and I didn't have a brother. At the time I assumed it was the best thing. I was wrong.

I should've reconnected with Danny, talked to Hector and mama about our family events sooner but then again it would've made no difference. It still would've hit me like a shit load of bricks. The things that I found out would've still made me angry no matter if I found out five years ago or ten years from now.

That's what I'm thinking about when my phone rings. Noemi's name pops up and I answer it. "Yeah?"

"I need you to come up here, right now." She sounds scared.

I sit up on the couch "Are you okay?" My mind shoots to the baby.

"Just get up here." I hear her sniffle, she's been crying.

"Alright, I'll be up there in a second."

***

We stay on the line for about ten more seconds before I'm at the apartment door. I go in and she's pacing, back and forth with her phone in her hand.

"What's wrong?" My protection instincts kick in and I don't even know what for.

She sticks her phone in my face and all I see are text messages so I take it, sit down on the couch and read them. They're weird but simple, like one liners.

I love you
I miss you
I can't wait to see you
We'll be together again, soon.

"It's Brian, I know it it. He always text me from a blocked number." She's speaking fast and I can tell she's unnerved.

I put the phone down on the table, stand up and go over to her. I place my hands on her shoulders. "Calm down, everything's fine. The shit is weird but it's fine." I decide not to tell her about the call with Brian. It'll only freak her out more.

"Can you stay with me tonight, please?" The way she's asking makes me pissed at Brian because he made her this way. He made her scared of him and I could kill him for that.

"Of course. The couch is all mine." I smirk at her.

"No, I want you to sleep with me." She grabs my hand and leads me to our bed.

***

"Diego?" I hear Noemi's voice in the dark.

"Hm?" I answer, tracing my fingertips along her skin.

"I'm sorry about what I said before, I didn't mean it." She whispers.

"I know you didn't. You were just pissed and I completely understand why, I fucked up." I trace around her nipple and it instantly becomes erect.

With the quickness she turns over so we're facing each other, naked, in bed. I give her a quick kiss.

"Tell me about when you went to prison, were you scared?" She grabs a strand of my hair and curls it around her finger.

"Of course I was scared, but I had to act like I wasn't. Most of those men were there for murder, rape or kidnappings. I was there because I was at the wrong place at the wrong time." There's no reason to lie, I was scared. Many of the men in there were violent, me, I was never a violent person, I was always the one enduring the violence.

"How'd you get through it?" She tugs on it.

"Imagining my family without me killed me inside so I had to push myself through it. That's the hardest thing I ever had to do." I caress her cheek with my thumb. "But I don't regret it, cause I met you."

"Mm." She kisses me with so much forced that I'm almost knocked off the bed. If I did get knocked off the bed it'd be one hundred percent worth it.

Both of her legs are on either side of me now so she's straddling me. "No matter what we go through I'll always love you. You know why?"

"Why?" I look up at her, even in the dark she's beautiful.

"Because I have your heart and you have mine." She leans down to kiss me again. "I love you, I'm in love with you. You have my heart, mind, body and soul." She runs both hands through my hair.

"Same to you." I say because I can't think of anything else to say.

With the quickness, again, she slides herself down onto me and I groan, she's so wet. She places her small hands on my chest and rocks back and forth slowly. Agonizingly slow.

I can sense she's fucking with me because she's flipping her hair and smirking at me. I like it.

As she's slowly riding me, I go in between us and rub her clit with my thumb. Her moaning is like music to my ears and it's my time to smirk at her. She unravels within seconds.

She bites her bottom bite.

That's when I lose control. I grab her so we're chest to chest and I drive into her fast and hard, I become dizzy. She tightens around her, and moans into my chest and a few seconds later I release inside of her.

A few moments go by and we're recovering. She lifts her head off my chest to look at me. "Tell me you love me."

I swipe my thumb across her bottom lip. "You know i do."

"Tell me anyway." My thumb gets sucked into her mouth.

"I love you, Noemi." I pull my thumb out of her mouth and wrap my hand around her neck.

"Now tell me in Spanish." I can hear the amusement in her voice.

I squeeze her neck. "Te amo." 

She kisses me  then lays her head on my sweaty chest. "You're gonna be a great daddy."

My heart immediately swells. I'm glad I met this gorgeous woman, she's changed me for the better in so many ways.

I'll die better I ever let her go.

Vote & Comment