Chapter 29

Diego's POV

Noemi's been acting weird all day. First I come home to this Teddy guy in my house, when I say something about it she wants to yell and shout at me. Then she gets sick, tells me it's food poisoning and now she's barely talking.

I'm not stupid, I basically sat through two pregnancies with my mama. One with Amaya when I was four and the other with Maria when I was eighteen, I know the symptoms by now. However I'm not gonna say anything, I wanna wait until she tells me.

After our little argument I order pizza and put a movie on. It's more for her rather than me.

She's still in the bathroom when the pizza comes so I decide to check on her. I knock on the door twice. "Noemi, are you okay?"

She doesn't answer right away but when she does I can tell she's been crying. "I'm fine." Her voice cracks.

I sigh and scratch my beard, I don't know what to say here. So I just go with the nonchalant answer. "Alright, the pizza is here when you're ready to come out."

As I walk away I hear her say something but I can't make it out.

***

She comes out of the bathroom a couple minutes later looking very sad or even ashamed almost. I don't know what to do so I hand her a slice of pizza and tell her to sit down next to me.

A few minutes into the movie she still haven't taken a bite of the pizza. She's just has this faraway look on her face, like she's not even there.

I place my hand on her knee and she glances at me, she has tears in her eyes. "What's wrong?" I ask calmly.

I wipe away the tear that's falling down her cheek, I hate to see her cry.

"I'm..." she hesitates for a few beats and runs her hand through her hair. "I'm just so happy with you."

I know I have this What-The-Fuck look on my face because i thought she was gonna tell me she's pregnant. I don't want to say anything first because what happens if she's not? What happens if my knowledge of pregnancy symptoms are off?

She puts the slice down, leans into me then kisses me very aggressively. It's like she has to kiss me to stop herself from telling me the truth. It irritates me because we promised each other we'd be honest no matter what and she's clearing not being honest with me.

My phone rings, thank god. I scoot away from Noemi so I can answer the phone. I stand up and walk into the bedroom.

"Yeah?"

"It's me Marcus."

I think why the fuck is Marcus calling me at this time of night then I realize he probably has information on Brian.

"Whats up?" I peak out I the bedroom door and see Noemi rummaging through the refrigerator, although I ordered pizza.

"I'm not supposed to be telling you this but I think it's important that you know." He has this serious tone, like be he did before "He was caught forcing himself onto a younger girl, a much younger girl. He denied doing it but we know he did." My mind goes to him forcing himself on Noemi when Marcus continues "They say he had some sort of psychotic break or something. I think it's best that you and my sister stay away from him, he's not right in the head and I've known him my whole life."

My stomach is in knots after Marcus finishes what he has to say. I tell him I will and hang up.

When I first met Brian it was in Noemi's dorm room, I saw him kissing her and that angered me. I was gonna bash his fucking head in but I held back, for her sake. Anyway he seemed a bit off to me but I let it go. Next I saw him at Noemi's family reunion, he kept looking at her, then me then her, it was weird. It was like he genuinely wanted to be me. That's the last time I seen him until I almost killed him.

If this whole psychotic break thing is real it's probably from Noemi rejecting him the first time.

I run my hand down my face before leaving the bedroom. Noemi is sitting at the table eating ice cream, look at that.

"I ordered pizza, ya know." I fold my arms over my chest and lean up against wall.

"Well I didn't want it." She says as she stuffs her face with cookies&cream ice cream. She finishes it off then rise up from the table "I'm gonna go go sleep."  she walks past me into the bedroom.

***

Now that I'm done dealing and done with Ruben, I assume, I want to get a full time job or even go to school to be able to provide for Noemi. I want to be the best man I can for her and if that means getting money legally, I will.

I also will protect her from that crazy motherfucker Brian, if he even comes near her again I swear I'll do more than break his fucking ribs.

I move Noemi's hair out of her face and place my hand on her stomach. I want us to be happy and I want is to work because I really couldn't see myself with anyone else.

A/N - Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm trying to get on a schedule so I can update regularly. I'll probably do Sunday's & Monday's. Feedback is appreciated and highly recommended. Thank you all who reads my book.