Chapter 21

Naomi's POV

I wake up in the morning and Diego isn't in bed with me. I get up and look around the small house but he's nowhere to be found. I start to panic, I don't want to think that he just up and left me but I do.

The ringer on my phone goes off and I rush to it, thinking its Diego. It's not, the number is unknown and I already know it's Brian. He's messaged me images so I click them open and I'm shocked at what he has sent me.

They're picture of Diego and I in the kitchen, when I fed him that strawberry and have him a BJ. I lay my phone down on the bed and wonder how he even took those pictures.

Then I realize the window, it doesn't have curtains and I sometimes leave the blinds up, so anyone can look in. The house is only one story so it's not that hard to look through the window, let alone stake out and take pictures.

I try to wrap my head around why he would even send me those pictures when I hear the door open. I hop up from the bed and leave the room, Diego's rummaging through the refrigerator.

"Where were you?" I ask, folding my arms over my chest.

He takes a chug from a water bottle "For a run, just to clear my head, ya know." He comes up to me and kisses my forehead "I'm gonna take a shower."

"I'll make you something to eat." I go over to the fridge, open it and see what there is to cook.

He nods at me before walking into the bedroom.

I start to get out pans to make pancakes when I hear Diego.

"What the fuck is this!" His scream startles me for a second then I go into the bedroom to find him holding my phone with his mouth a gap.

It seems like my heart is gonna beat out of my damn chest.

"Noemi, who's number is this?" His voice is low.

"Brian's, I blocked his number but he somehow found a way to text me. He's been sending me shit for a while now." I wanted to tell him when he first got here but I didn't want to ruin things.

I can see he's trying to hold his composure, his breathing is heavy and he's starring at my phone.

He strokes the stubble on his face, throws my phone on the bed and storms out the room. I'm right in his heels.

"Where are you going."

"To finish this shit." He opens the front door.

"Please, don't. Just stay here, it's fine." I pled.

"Why the fuck do you keep defending him. He's sending you pictures of us together, do you not think that's creepy at all. Also on top of that he's fucking hit you, multiple times. Can you not see he's fucking crazy?" He yells at me.

I take a step back "I'm not defending him Diego, I'm trying to keep you out of trouble. He's a cop for gods sake, you can't just go around and beat him up!"

He tugs at his hair "Jesucristo, I don't give a shit if he was the Pope. I'm gonna handle this my way so deal with it. I'm laying my freedom on the line for you, the woman I love, so don't fucking complain."

That's just it, I'm trying to prevent him from getting his freedom taken away from him. I know there's something wrong with Brian however I also know if Diego assaults a cop, he'll go to prison for a long time and I know for a fact I couldn't handle that.

"I'm begging you to just leave it alone."

"Stay here and lock the damn door." After that he slams the door and he's gone.

I lock the door then flip back on the couch. I want to cry but k have no more tears left in me. I've realized ever since I came to Florida I cry a lot and I was never one to cry for anything. Now it feels like I'm crying all the time and I have to suck it up. I can't keep crying over decision other people make.

I run a hand through my hair and pray Diego doesn't go overboard.