Not just a bad dream.

Your POV:

Robots were flying above our heads. People were being killed. Screams of women and children pierced my ears. How much will this slaughter continue?

"(Y/n)!! (Y/n), look at me!!" My dad called me.

I turned and saw his bloody face. His hair was a mess of dust and little rocks stuck in it. He had a large gash across his right cheek. His hands gripped my arms as he tried to steady me. His eyes pierced mine with dead seriousness.

"Stay right here, okay? We'll come back for you." He ordered me.

"No, no, please. Don't leave me, daddy. I'm scared." My vision became blurry as tears filled my eyes.

"We'll come back. Just stay put. We'll go get your brother and come back, okay? Do you understand? Do not leave!!" He ordered again.

"Okay, okay. But please, hurry." I said, tears already staining my dirty cheeks.

He nodded and ran towards the battle field, his arm shielding his head. My mom gave a weak smile then turned running behind my dad.Minutes passed, and they still didn't come back.
What if something happened to them?
I better go looking for them.

No, Dad told me to stay put.

But what if they need my help!

I'm going !

As I came out from my hideout, I began turning my head left and right to spot my parents. I finally spot Calvin hiding behind a car. I rushed to his side and hugged his trembling body.

"(Y/n), where's mommy and daddy?"

"They're fine, they're coming for us. Just calm down." I calmed him.

"They said they will go get you and then we could get out of here. So why are you here alone, (y/n)?" He asked me.

"What? Then they must be looking for me! Are you sure?" I was shocked.

He nodded and we stayed behind the car for a few moment until we heard someone calling our names.

"(Y/n)! Calvin! Where are you?" It was mom who was calling with dad by her side.

So I stood up to see them better, mom saw me and smiled. But her smile fell when a robot stood in front of her. She grasped dad's hand and he held her behind him. Then the battle between them began.

The robot held a taser-like thing in his hand and dad had only his bare fists. They began fighting with dad dodging every single swing of the robot's taser. My dad knew how to fight thanks to some classes he took in high school.

Unfortunately, the taser got my mom when dad dodged it. She laid on the floor motionless, while my dad hit the alien in the face. He turned to see my mom's body laying on the ground.

"(Y/n), why isn't mom getting up?" Calvin asked me.

I was too shocked to answer him. I just witnessed my mom's death. I took two steps towards my parents, and dad saw me.

"No, don't come. Go hide! I'll find you. Don't wo-" A spear came out of his chest.

"NO !! DAAAD!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

-Kiana 🙊