Chit-chat.

Your POV:

"NO! DAAAAAD!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"(Y/n), wake up! You're okay, you're with me. Wake up!" I heard someone call me.

I opened my eyes to see a blurry face. When they adjusted, I could see Tony's worried face. I was covered with a layer of sweat, apparently I had another nightmare. I sat on my bed and sighed.

"I'm sorry, I made you worry for nothing." I said.

"What? How?" He questioned.

"No, I mean you shouldn't be worried, it's just one of my nightmares, no biggy." I clarified.

"What? You have those too?" He asked.

"What do you mean by too?" I was shocked, we have so much in common.

"I have nightmares of New York, why do you?" Tony said.

"My parent's death." I simply said, trying not to bring bad memories.

He just nodded, and we stayed silent for a few second. Then I cut the silence with a giggle.

"Why are you laughing?" Tony raised an eyebrow.

"We had this exact conversation in the bathroom, when you had your.... you know." I didn't want to say it.

"Anxiety attack, say it. It won't bite." He laughed a little, and so did I. "You know, you're right. I remember that." He smiled.

"So, you're okay?" I nodded.

"Okay, then. I'll be going. And sorry for barging on you like this." He said getting up from the bed.

"Don't say that, you shouldn't be the one who's apologizing." I said and he smiled.

"Goodnight! Sweet dreams." He said.

"Yeah, I doubt that. Anyway, goodnight." I whispered.

He looked at me with sympathy, he turned to sit in front of me. Then he took my hands in his, and looked at me.

"If you want me to stay, just say it." He said.

"I don't want to bother you." I ducked my head in embarrassment.

"You're not. In fact, I wasn't even sleeping." He smiled.

"Let me guess. You don't sleep because you're afraid of the nightmares." There was a little pause. "I tried that too, but it didn't only affect me but Calvin too. So for the sake of Calvin, I sleep." I explained.

"I don't have anyone to worry about. So what's the use?" It was his turn to lower his head.

I put a finger under his chin so he was looking at me. "what about you ? Can't you do it for yourself?" He shook his head.

"I don't have it in me. I know that I appear tough and self-confident in public, but here I am. Afraid of my own nightmares." He let a sad chuckle.

"Happines can be found, even in the darkest times, if only one remembers to turn on the lights. It was Dumbledore who said it, in Harry Potter: The Prisoner of Azkaban. At least try." I sighed.

There was another silence, so I adjusted myself so I was laying on the bed now. I patted the spot next to me for Tony, and he chuckled.

"Already?" He said as he was laying.

We stared at the once-white ceiling, nobody talking. We were deep in thought.

This escaladed quickly. I thought. I just met the guy today, and now I'm laying with him in a bed! I gotta clear this to him, so he wouldn't get the wrong idea.

"I think you're my new best friend, Tony." I smiled, looking at him.

"Ooooh, friendzoned." He clutched his heart, near his glowing arc-reactor. "That was quick."

I laughed at this and he joined me. When it died down, I replied.

"Not in the first date." What is wrong with me? I'm flirting with the guy. So much for not getting the wrong idea.

"So, that's what tonight is. A date." He was surprised at first, but quickly recovered.

"If you want." I said.

"I'm glad we had this chit-chat, (y/n)." He smiled as he closed his eyes.

"I'm glad you stayed, Tony." I replied, closing my eyes to be welcomed by the calming sleep I didn't have in years.

-Kiana 🙊