Checkmate Playlist

"Growing distance free of explanation. We're getting deeper in this mess, take careful contemplation. I'd rather be spitting blood, than have this silence f*ck me up. This separation, time and space between us.

For some revelation, you didn't care to discuss. I'd rather be black and blue, than accept that you withdrew. Ah, just tell me, say anything. Anything hurts less than the quiet. Just tell me, stay anything. Anything hurts less than the quiet."
~ The Quiet, Troye Sivan

"Yeah, we knew from the beginning that this wasn't never ending. Shouldn't stay too long, 'cause we're both too young to give into forever. I say I wanna settle down. Build your hopes up like a tower. I'm giving you the run around. I'm just a lost boy. Not ready to be found. Not ready to be found. I'm just a lost boy. So what are you waiting for? 'Cause someone could love you more. I'm just a lost boy, lost boy."
~ Lost Boy, Troye Sivan

"When you walk away I count the steps that you take. Do you see how much I need you right now? When you're gone the pieces of my heart are missing you. When you're gone the face I came to know is missing too. When you're gone the words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it OK. I miss you."
~ When You're Gone, Avril Lavigne

"Thunder only happens when it's raining. Players only love you when they're playing. Women they will come and they will go. When the rain washes you clean, you'll know, you'll know, you'll know. Now here I go again I see a crystal vision. I keep my visions to myself. It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams. Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? Dreams of loneliness..."
~ Dreams, Gabrielle Aplin & Bastille

"You are the snowstorm, I'm purified. The darkest fairytale, in the dead of night. Let the band play out as I'm making my way home again. Glorious we transcend, into a psychedelic silhouette. I never meant to fall for you but I was buried underneath and
All that I could see was white. My salvation. My, my. My salvation. My, my."
~ My Salvation, Gabrielle Aplin

"We always think that we know what we want. That's where we go, but where we going? We always think we have it all figured out. But all we know, we know is nothing. One thing can make it all change. So hold on tight, hold on tight. One thing can make it all change in just one night, I don't know why. You'd come right out of nowhere, spin me all around. How did you make my world come crashing down?"
~ Picture Prefect, Bea Miller

"I wanna sleep next to you but that's all I wanna do right now. And I wanna come home to you, but home is just a room full of my safest sounds. 'Cause you know that I can't trust myself with my 3AM shadow. I'd rather fuel a fantasy than deal with this alone. I wanna sleep next to you, but that's all I wanna do right now. So come over now and talk me down."
~ Talk Me Down, Troye Sivan

"Without you, I feel broke. Like I'm half of a whole. Without you, I've got no hand to hold. Without you, I feel torn, like a sail in a storm. Without you, I'm just a sad song. I'm just a sad song. With you I fall. It's like I'm leaving all my past in silhouettes up on the wall. With you I'm a beautiful mess. It's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears up on the edge. So stop time right here in the moonlight, 'cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes."
~ Sad Song, We The Kings

"I said, "No one has to know what we do." His hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room. And his voice is a familiar sound, nothing lasts forever but this is getting good now. He's so tall and handsome as hell. He's so bad but he does it so well.

And when we've had our very last kiss, my last request it is. Say you'll remember me. Standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe. Red lips and rosy cheeks. Say you'll see me again even if it's just in your wildest dreams, ah-ha ohh."
~ Wildest Dreams, Taylor Swift