Chapter 21: Flowers

MY LAPTOP BROKE AND I DON'T KNOW IF I'M GONNA UPDATE AS THE SAME AS BEFORE!

"When my scars were fading I got deeper wounds."

Song: We The Kings - Sad Song

I woke up with Daniel on my side. His mouth was slightly hung open and his arm was awkwardly around me whilst the other one was trapped under him. I chuckled to myself silently at how cute he looked, before slipping out of bed and going to my room to get ready.

I tip-toed till I reached the door and closed it behind me. I took a quick shower before getting dressed and leaving the dorms. On my way to the cafeteria; I kept thinking about what happened last night. What's with his mood swings? Why does he keep going hot and cold on me. It confused me to the core and I didn't know what to do about it. I decided that I might as well act like nothing happened at all and go on with my life.

When Sebastian looked up at me, he instantly smiled. Today, I was early.

"You're early." He told me,

"I know."

"Looks like you had a good night yesterday," He smirked at me. I was about to ask him how did you know but then I remembered that I was with him too. God, that sounds so wrong. That just sounds like a gold-digging bitch who hooks up with two guys in one hour. I didn't even show up at work yesterday.

The smile on my face fell and I mumbled a "Yeah." Before sitting down.

I felt so horrible and I made sure to avoid Daniel for the rest of the day, maybe even for the rest of my life.

He's boy next door, my inner stupid voice reminded me. He works at the same place as you, it reminded me again.

Situations like this, I wished I'd have a sister to tell me what to do. A mother to advise me. But I guess it's me, myself and time by now.

Hailey was my sister. Or as I thought she was.

I miss Sandy. I miss my sister. I miss her bear hug. How she used to comfort me when I was crying and how she used to cheer me up when I was sad. I miss the lame jokes she used to crack and how dad used to smack the back of her head.

I miss how life was so low-key when she was there. When I was 10. Before she decided to leave.

Before she decided to leave me.

I remember when I was in kindergarten, and I asked her if it's called "House." Or "Home." And she told me it's a house. She refused to call it home. And I didn't notice the pain her eyes held when she said it.

I didn't notice that the home for her heart wasn't the house she was raised in.

The home to her heart was far away from her family. Her flesh and blood. Me. And it hurts so much. Knowing that I might never get to see her again.

I remember the last time I saw her. It was midnight and the whole house was fast asleep.

I was a light sleeper so I heard her footsteps as she tip-toed into my room. "What's up?" I asked her, my voice hoarse. I was still half-asleep.