Chapter 12: Her

"You have three types of friends in life: Friends for a reason, friends for a season, and friends for a lifetime."

song: wild heart - the vamps

"Shady?" Daniel whispered. Wait? They know each other?

"What--What are you doing here?" She stuttered, her eyes are still wide and her mouth is slightly open. For a slight moment I thought she looked vulnerable in the heavy atmosphere of the room. But then again, this is Shady we're talking about.

"It's my room."

"Hanging out with my friend." We both said in unison. He needs to stop that.

"What?" We both said in unison again. SERIOUSLY.

She sighed and rubbed her temple by her index fingers. "I tried to change my major because I knew you're gonna be here. But here I am, standing in the same room as you." She said and confusion consumed my face. What the hell is wrong with her and how the hell did she know that I'm in this college. I didn't know she loathes me to this point.

"What are you talking about--"

"Can you freaking let me talk to my ex-boyfriend!" She shouted at me.

Woah, there. Slow down a little bit. So...what? Oh, forgot that they clearly fit in each other's bubbles. The bad boy and the bully. I can't believe I even talked with him. How naïve of me.

"I think I should go." Daniel excused himself and we both nodded. Clearly Shady was already tired of his shit, at least I'm not the only one.

As soon as he closed the door, I turned to Shady, "So," I started, "We're roomies?" I said, crossing my arms to my chest. I still have no idea how I'm talking to her without shaking.

"Look. I'm not really in the mood for talking. Please hold the fight for some other time." I don't really know why she was being civilized, but what I know is that truce she's offering, won't last.

"As far as I know, I did not start any fight. If anything, I was just welcoming you, roomie." I said and dismissed myself to the kitchen.

I don't know how the hell my voice was so strong and confident, however, I was totally panicking in the inside. I can't believe that SHADY, The shady, my main bully and ex-best friend is gonna be my roommate for approximately 4 years. I don't really know how we're gonna get along, nor do I want to think about it. Even Daniel, the guy who's hitting/slash flirting with me, is her ex-boyfriend. It's like everything in my life has something to do with her. 

I started making some snacks (A.K.A popcorn and honey) and I was in mid-way through humming  Complicated by Avril Lavigne When I heard Shady enter the room. "Are you guys together?" Her question took me off guard. And the urgency in her voice made me look at her and frown.

"Who are we?"

"Oh you know, you and my ex-boyfriend." She spat, emphasizing on ex-boyfriend. Geez, calm down I'm not interested in anything you've ever touched.

"Oh Danny?" I nicknamed him only to tease her, I'd never say that in front of him. "I don't know. I've known him for a couple of years I guess" I explained, obviously lying.

"Oh," she laughed lightly, "Funny because I've dated him for almost a year and never heard of you." This time, it was her time to smirk. I turned my back to her and frowned. I didn't want her to see my not-so-victorious-face.

"Maybe it's because he didn't like you that much."

"Maybe it's because he didn't like you that much." She spat back.