Chapter 26: Bright Blue Dress

"Kiss the pain away."

The next day went surprisingly fast, and before even knowing; it was already time for me to get ready. Daniel didn't show up to class neither did I see him. Sebastian walked me to all my lectures and even had breakfast with me at the cafeteria again. Everything felt so normal.

I was now standing in front of my full-length mirror, adjusting the necklace Shady gave me to match my bright blue short dress. I didn't really want to any necklace but the one André gave me—but she convinced me that the one she has given me is better. She told me the dress is so simple and it needed something to bright it up. I didn't really know where Sebastian is taking me so I didn't know if what I was wearing will fit where we go or not. I prayed that it's somewhere I can wear dresses to, because it'll be awkward if he just took me to like, a fair.

Shady volunteered to do my make-up too. I told her to just give me a simple look because make-up makes my face itchy and I'll end up ruining everything. She nodded and started doing my hair. I curled my hair (Which took SO MUCH time from me because of how ridiculously long it is) and I ended up braiding it at the side of my head. My hair was clinging onto my shoulder and Shady kept cursing me for wasting her time. I just laughed it off.

I nodded at my reflection in approval. I really needed this night. I hope it'll go well because my mental health won't take any more problems. I prayed to God that the night will go well and Sebastian will continue being the Prince Charming that he is.

"You look so beautiful." Shady smiled at me from behind. I smiled back at her through the mirror.

"Well thanks to you." I hugged her but she quickly broke away.

"Oh no, please don't ruin the masterpiece I made out of you." She freaked out and it only made me giggle.

My current friendship with Shady still surprises me to an extent. How we started it off as best friends, then enemies, then best friends again, is just crazy and it never fails to amaze me. But I'm thankful to have her and her support.

A soft knock snapped at us out of our bubble, and we both immediately looked at the door and exclaimed.

"Your date is here." She grinned at me and I grinned back.

"Yes. I gotta go. I love you." I threw her a kiss before approaching the door. Good thing I was used to wear heels, thanks to my mum.

Here he was, wearing a black tux, and his hair pulled back. He looked charming in many ways.

The moment he saw me, his eyes went wide for a second before he started to check me out.

Boys, I rolled my eyes.

"Sierra you look... Beautiful." He informed me and I smiled widely.

"You too."

"Shall we?" He stuck his hand out for me and I gracefully took it.

Before leaving, I heard Shady clapping her hands and jumping up and down. "You guys look so cute!"

I felt Sebastian tense a little but I think that that's only because he didn't know that Shady would be here.

"Thanks." He mumbled.

"Lemme take a picture of you guys!" She said and I rolled my eyes. She is being such a mum.

"Sure." He politely replied again as he looped his arm in mine and got a little closer. I felt my cheeks heat up and my inner fangirl couldn't hold it any longer.

She captured the picture and we waved for her goodbye as we left the room. As soon as we closed our door, Daniel opened his.

The three of us stood awkwardly in front of each other. The bags under Daniel's eyes were almost-noticeable and he looked so tired.

"Hey." He finally said after a long pause.

"Hey." We replied.

"You look nice, Sierra." He was looking at the floor,

"Thanks."

"Have fun at your date you both." He mumbled, not looking at any of us. He played with his keys with in his hand as he dismissed himself, still staring at the floor.

For a second I felt bad for him. But then again, why would I? I'm doing the right thing.

"Well that was awkward." I heard Sebastian chuckle and I soon joined him.

***

As cliché as the date will get, Sebastian took me to a fancy restaurant. Not like I'm complaining, I loved the place and everything about this date.

Our food soon came and we munched our pasta as we talked about random shit. The atmosphere was so light and I was actually satisfied with myself and even happy.

To complete this night, Don't Be So Hard On Yourself by Jess Glynne and I found myself instantly exclaiming.

"This is my favorite song!!" I told Sebastian, I was so happy.

"Really? What is it called?" A frown formed on my lips when I figured out that he doesn't know the song even though it was popular. But a smile took place instead when I knew that he cared about what kind of songs I like.

"Don't be so hard on yourself."

"Okay I won't." I felt lost for a second but then I burst out of laughter.

"You–You made a very l-lame joke about my favorite song, oh my god." I laughed, still trying to take my breath. It wasn't even that funny but I loved the way he used sarcasm instead of just nodding and saying that he'll listen to it later.

Minute by minute I'd feel more comfortable with Sebastian.

"Can I ask you a question?" Sebastian arched his eyebrows. My heart skipped a beat. My stomach would always clench when someone tells me that they want to ask a question. I don't know, even though there isn't much to ask about or much to answer, I'd feel afraid.

"Sure."

"Why did you refuse it when I wanted to help you the day we met?" Here it comes. It all went down the drain and I felt like sick in the stomach and I wanted to cry right in my place.

It's either tell him every single thing or lie.

______