Erica's Motive

Harry Styles:

Erica and I drove back to my flat in silence. We had a double date tomorrow with Louis and Ansley...

How awkward could this get? Erica's got something up her sleeve. Ansley's got something up her sleeve. Louis got something up his sleeve. Me? I am just confused.

"So, erm is it going to be like a formal date or..." Erica trailed off.

"Just wear sweatpants or something its going to be a relaxed date I guess? We are probably going to watch a movie and eat some Chinese Food," I replied.

I hated this idea, but I was outnumbered 3 to 1. I was frustrated with this plan, yet I couldn't do anything because Erica was threatening to bring up Derek.

"Don't look so pissed off, you're pretty little face might fall off," she teased before she went to her room.

-:-

The next day

"Erica, we gotta be at the hospital at 7, so lets go!" I banged on her door.

"Almost done!" she yelled back.

I had my sweatpants a loose tank top on and a beanie since my hair would just fizz up all over the place. I didn't understand what was taking Erica so long, I told her to dress comfortably.

She walked out with a gray sweatshirt and pink yoga pants. She looked like she just woke up, except her hair was curled and braided together nicely.

She looked so different without all that makeup covering her face, she looked somewhat normal.

"What are you staring at?" she asked.

"Nothing, lets go," I muttered and grabbed my keys.

"Wait, go get a sweater or something. If it gets to cold in Ansley's room I'm not giving you my sweatshirt," she laughed and pointed to my sweater lying on the couch.

I blushed and jogged over to get it. I shook my head at her comments, some were so sassy while others were just strange.

We drove over to the hospital and the receptionist told us Louis was waiting for us in the elevator. I thanked her before Erica and I headed over to the elevator.

"Hello," Louis muttered before he stepped aside.

Both of us hopped onto the elevator and I pushed the button that lead to the top floor. Louis was staring right at Erica and I could see her getting annoyed.

"What?" she snapped.

"What do you want with Ansley?" he asked.

"Nothing, she's the one who wanted this double date," Erica replied a little more calmly.

"Cut the bullshit, I know you two aren't really a thing," Louis said his eyes narrowed.

"How would you know if Harry and I aren't a thing? You never come to the flat where you two live. You're always here with your girlfriend," Erica said and rolled her eyes.

"Harry?" Louis said ignoring all of what Erica had just said.

"I- erm, well she's really nice once you get to know her," I lied.

"Does this have to do with Derek?" Louis asked, he still ignored Erica's presence.

"Yes," I sighed.

"Alright, but I swear if you spill one word about Derek to Ansley I will personally ship you off to the Bermuda Triangle," Louis hissed before he stepped off the elevator and walked down the hallway.

I began to follow him before Erica grabbed on to my arm and pulled me back. She pushed the 'close door' button on the elevator. Turned me around, and began running her fingers through my hair.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked as I pushed her away from me.

"Calm yourself, it needs to look like we can actually stand each other. I'm messing up your hair so Ansley will think we just made out before," she explained before she pulled a few loose strands of her hair out.

"You're crazy," I muttered.

"But you still love me," she sang before she froze.

"W-what?" I asked confused.

"Sorry, I just- that's what Derek and I would say to each other," she replied, I could see her eyes start to tear.

"Why do you love him so much?" I whispered.

"Because he saved my life," she replied while she looked at her feet.

"What do you mean?" I asked gently.

"He- he was running after some girl and I was right in front of him. I was running away from home and was about to get run over by a car before he pulled me back. He gave me a place to stay, while I found a job and made money," she explained.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered.

"He's actually a really nice guy you know," she snapped.

"I'm so sorry Erica, I didn't- didn't know," I stuttered.

"Yeah well- lets just get this date over with," she sniffled and reached over to push the 'open door' button.

The two of us walked down the hallway to Ansley's room. Hand in hand, fingers intertwined. But silence hung over us.

Right before we walked into the door, I glanced over at Erica who seemed to be close to crying. I pulled her back and pushed her on the wall. She gasped at my sudden moment.

"Look, I'm really sorry for how I've treated you. I never knew what you were going through, I just want you to know that you can go back home right now if you want. You don't have to stay with me anymore I don't want to hurt you," I said, all the words spilled out of my mouth.

With a small smile, Erica shook her head. "I promised Ansley we would come on a double date, and we are going on that double date."

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because- because you sounded like you actually cared about my feelings and I want to return the favor," Erica said.

She quickly leaned in and gave me a quick kiss before she turned her body to leave but I caught hold of her. I pulled her back and pushed the hair off her face.

"Did he hurt you after that night?" I asked slowly.

Her eyes glanced down, but slowly she nodded her head. "Yes," she whispered.

**END OF CHAPTER**

hey guys, argh I seriously am so sorry about my crappy chapters these days! Like ive said before I have so much stuff to do its annoying! I hope you like this update though!

I promise to try to update next week since I do weekly updates if you hadn't noticed haha

--Tash(: