The Double Date

Ansley Hamilton:

I heard two people talking in a loud whisper by the door. Louis had been re-arranging the furniture for the double date while I lay in bed, hooked up to all sorts of monitors. At first I thought it was the nurses to check up on me, but I soon realized it was Harry and Erica. They both were exchanging a few words outside the door. It was too far away for me to hear words, but I could tell Louis heard what they were talking about because he quickly straightened up and came by me. He gave me a half smile before he sat on the edge of my bed.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Sure, this will be fun. It'll be fun to get to know Harry's new love interest," I said and looked toward the door.

Surely enough, Erica walked in. Harry was right behind her, he looked a bit crazy. His hair was messed up and I see he kept licking his lips. Had they been making out in the hallway?

"Hello Ansley, how you doing?" Erica asked as she walked up to Louis and I.

"Been better," I said before I returned my attention to Harry.

He stood behind Erica, looking right at Louis. They seemed to be having some sort of silent fight using just their eyes. I cleared my throat and told Erica to sit on the couch by the bed.

She sat down, with Harry sitting right next to her. He slowly placed his hand on her thigh, not in the perverted way but in the sweet reassuring way. I sighed and grabbed Louis' hand.

"So... what's been going on?" Harry asked, trying to end the awkward silence.

"You know, the tests and needles. Blood test, the usual," I replied. I smiled widely at Harry, who had finally made eye contact with me.

He gave me a small smile before he turned to Louis again. Erica tried to give me a reassuring nod but I ignored her.

"Erica," Louis said.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Let's play 20 questions? You must feel a bit left out," Louis said gently.

"Sure why not?" she replied, trying to keep the enthusiasm in her voice.

"Actually, I thought we'd watch a movie," Harry interrupted.

"But we always watch a movie," I whined. "Remember when you got sick on the Up All Night tour in America and we all just sat and watched movies all day?" I said.

"Haha oh yeah, that was great," Harry said.

"Oh yeah, Niall and I had tried to reenact the Parent Trap but failed miserably," Louis joined in.

"Lou, remember when you tried to draw yourself a beard with whipped cream but ended up just spraying your whole face with it?" Harry asked.

"Oh yeah that went so wrong, I had Ansley try to clean it off but I smelt like rotten eggs for hours after," Louis laughed.

"That was horrible!" I said laughing.

I eyed Erica through our whole conversation. She just sat there, smiling as the rest of us remembered dear memories. I guess Harry noticed Erica being alienated because he wrapped his arms around her and smiled.

He whispered something in her ear making her laugh. I stared coldly at the two, my jealously boiling over.

"So movie or 20 questions?" Louis asked.

"Movie," Harry stated.

"Movie," Erica agreed.

"Movie it is then," Louis smiled and walked over to get the remote for the television.