Chapter 8: A Not So Good Start?

It was currently in the middle of the night as the gang had taken a break at the start of Route 13. Serena was awake but had her eyes shut. She couldn't believe that Ash kissed her. He must like me, Serena thought. She turned her head and looked at Ash. His face was covered with sweat. This confused Serena as it wasn't that hot, in fact it was more cold than hot. She decided to leave it and go back to sleep.

Ash kept tossing and turning in his sleeping bag.

"This is a powerful Pikachu, but it's a shame that I have to end Pikachu." Giovanni said looking straight at Pikachu. He then slowly turned his head to Ash.

"See Ketchum, look what you have made me do. You are worthless. It's a good thing you didn't join Team Rocket, it would have ruined our good reputation of succeeding." Giovanni said. He then moved closer to Pikachu raising the sharp knife in his hand and thrusted it forward.

Ash woke up with a shock. He was sweating like he had ran the country. He checked beside him to see if Pikachu was there. To his relief he was. He looked around the tent. Everyone was fast asleep.

"I need fresh air" Ash whispered to himself. He got out of his sleeping bag and grabbed his jacket. He unzipped the tent slowly, so it didn't make a noise to wake the others up. However, Pikachu and Greninja sensed movements and saw Ash exiting the tent. They also got up and followed.

Ash walked a bit into the forest and sat upon the edge of a tiny hill. He was then shortly joined by his two faithful companions.

"Oh hey guys" Ash said.

"Master are you alright?" Greninja asked.

"No it's those dreams again, I couldn't sleep. It's driving me crazy" Ash said trying to explain.

"Hmm I see. Maybe for now it will take time so try not to think about it too much." Greninja said.

"I don't know, we'll have to wait and see" Ash said.

•••••

Back in Ash's tent, Serena was now tossing an turning. She was having a really bad dream by the looks of it.

"Ash!!!" Serena shouted and woke up. She was breathing heavily. She looked to her side to see if Ash was there but he wasn't there. Tierno woke up from the shout.

"Serena are you okay?" He asked.

"No I had a really bad nightmare. Ash got really hurt by Team rocket and.. And" Serena was sobbing.

"You want a hug" Tierno asked hoping it was his moment.

"No I want Ash" Serena sobbed.

"Fine go search outside" Tierno said grumpily. Ketchum I'm going to get you, Tierno thought. Serena got out of her sleeping bag and exited the tent. She went searching for Ash hoping he was still there. She could here mumbling a bit ahead. She went straight towards the noises hoping it was Ash. To her great fortune she saw his familiar presence perched upon the edge of the tiny hill.

"Ash!" Serena exclaimed. Ash turned around and saw serena panting heavily.

"Serena?" Ash asked. Serena ran to him and embraced him in a tight hug.

"Serena are you okay, looks like you've seen a ghost" Ash said.

"Please don't leave me alone" Serena sobbed into the trainers chest.

"Our group were there, so no need to worry." Ash said trying to reassure her.

"Yeah but you're the only one who I get most happy with and you always cheer me up" Serena said.