Chapter 9: Opening Of New Bonds

"Ash" Serena said almost in tears. She had both her hands clasped by her chest as she looked on in the direction of where Ash's body disappeared. Why did he go? Everyone was thinking. Pikachu was looking sad and sat down in the corner. Miette tried assuring Pikachu it was going to be fine but It didn't work. Serena then walked over to Pikachu and he instantly jumped in her arms.

"Looks like Pikachu is a fan of you, Serena" Calem said looking at Pikachu.

"Yeah, he's the cutest thing ever" Serena said as she stroked Pikachu, who returned with coos of appreciation. Miette looked over in jealousy.

"Why didn't you come in my arms" Miette pouted.

"Pikachu pika pi Pika" Pikachu explained. Miette looked in confusion.

"I think he said, he feels comfortable with Serena only and feels safe  with her" Calem said explaining to Miette.

"Pika" Pikachu nodded.

"Aww thanks Pikachu" Serena said after his compliment. Pikachu gave a smile and a thumbs up. Miette just looked in jealousy.

"Ash will be mine" Miette whispered in Serena's ear. Serena looked in shock but later shrugged it off.

"Well let's go search for Ash, he could get hurt" Serena said. The duo which were with her agreed and soon left the cave in search of Ash.

•••••

The others were all together after their separation from; Ash,Serena,Calem and Miette.

"Let's go search for them the storm ain't that fast" Gary said eager to get out of the cave they had taken refuge in.

"Yeah, this cave has bugs, so lets get searching" Misty said looking at the bug type in front of her. They all nodded and headed out the cave.

"It's sooo cold" Dawn said as she shivered. Paul offered his coat.

"But you'll get cold" Dawn said contemplating with his decision.

"Trust me I've been through worse " Paul said. Dawn gratefully accepted his coat.

"Hey look it's Serena, Calem and Miette" Tierno and Bonnie said squinting their eyes and pointing forward.

"Hey guys" Serena said as she approached the rest of the group with her compatriots.

"Oh hi, where's Ash" Paul asked.

"He and Greninja suddenly ran out and surprisingly Pikachu was left behind. I heard him shout before it's too late so he could be in danger so we need to search for him" Serena explained and demanded. They all nodded and headed forward in search of any signs or footsteps revealimg Ash's whereabouts.

"Hey look that looks like Pokémon tracks" Gary said as he pointed to the footprints on the snowy ground.

"They might be Greninja's, let's follow it" Calem said. They all followed the tracks of Greninja's footprints.

•••••

"Hey look, those Spewpa's are stuck upon the ledge of the tree. Let's get it down" Ash pointed at the 10 Spewpa's huddled together in fear on the ledge. Ash started climbing the tree as fast as he could not wanting to waste time. He grabbed the first Spewpa and slowly slid back down. He passed it over to Greninja who placed him to the side away from the ledge of the cliff.

"One down, nine to go" Ash said, as he twisted his cap backwards. He then started climbing the tree again. He grabbed the second one and slowly made his way down.

"That's 2 now, come on we got this" Ash said with determination as he scurried to the top of the tree.

•••••