Chapter 17: True Love

"Ash, Ash wake up" Miette was begging and started to shake his body. Ash slowly opened his eyes but his vision was still blur after receiving the attack. He let out tiny groans. Miette saw him open his eyes and quickly embraced him in a hug. "Thank god you are alright" Miette said. "Serena?" Ash whimpered out. "She's gone for good" Miette said slyly. Ash took no notice in her tone and got up but looked shaky. "Where are you going?" Miette asked. "I'm going after Serena, I'm getting her back" Ash said and started walking but lost balance. The thud was loud and got the rest of the group back inside.

"Ash, are you alright?" Red said as he walked in and helped Ash to his feet. "No I'm getting Serena, Kaylin and Pikachu" Ash said. "We don't know where they went though" Red said. "Sir we tracked their exact whereabouts, they have gone north and entered a cave up in those mountains" Paul said which caught everyone by surprise. "Okay wait in the hall we'll come" Red said. The rest of the group headed to the main room but Miette stayed to eavesdrop.

"Ash you are in no state to go and look out for those 3 at this moment. To risky" Red said. "Too risky? Their lives are in danger dad! They are the ones I love the most I can't live without Serena and Pikachu and now I've grown attached to Kaylin. I'd do anything to get them back" Ash said with a determined tone. "You truly love them don't you?" Red said. Ash nodded. "Okay then lets leave right now" Red said. He went into the main room and fetched the others to come.

Miette had told everyone that she was going to go toilet for a bit. They nodded and followed Red outside to Ash. "Well lets go" Ash said. "Wait for Miette she's just gone toilet" Shauna said. Ash nodded and sat down on the staircase on the front porch.

"Serena. Kaylin. Pikachu." Ash sighed and looked up at the sky.

Meanwhile with Miette in the toilet. "Looks like Ash is still going to go after Serena. Better inform dad" Miette said to herself. She took out a phone and dialed in her dads number. Couple of rings went through and it was picked up by a lady. "Hello?" She said. "Can I speak with dad" Miette said. "Sure thing, Lysandre your daughters on the phone" The lady shouted. A few seconds later Lysandre came in. "Hello honey, what do you want now?" He asked. "You have those 3 hostage right?" Miette said. "Yes honey we do" Lysandre said. "Well tell one of your grunts to play around with the big girl" Miette said. "Whats your plan Miette" Lysandre said. "Serena might give in and start doing it with the grunt and Ash might see and be heartbroken so he might give up and Join Team Rocket/Flare" Miette explained. "Alright I'll tell, and sorry I have to go now bye" Lysandre said. "Bye dad!" Miette said and hung up the phone. "Now is my chance to finally get Ash" Miette said. She exited the bathroom and went towards the rest of the group who were waiting outside.

"You took your time jeez, we have to save someone here" Gary said. "I don't really care" Miette mumbled under her breath. Ash saw this but couldn't make it out what she said. "Greninja track Pikachu and lead the way" Greninja scanned their road ahead and found electricity from the cave upon the mountain. He started running as did Ash at full pace. The group behind started to run but were lagging behind.

Soon they lost track of Ash and went back to walking pace. "We'll have a slow approach for now, remember to keep your heads up for any movement" Red said. Everyone nodded and tensed their muscles at the anxiety that was building up.

"Come on Greninja let's hurry, we can't waste time" Ash said who was quickening his pace as the duo sped up the mountain and towards the cave.

•••••

"How long do we wait here for, Steve?" A grunt asked the other one who was Steve. "I don't know Dave, maybe till tomorrow" Steve said.

"Bloody hell this is boring, if only we could do more" Dave said looking at Serena with a devilish smile. "Woah man she is young what's wrong with you?" Steve said. "Cmon she is hella pretty look at her" Dave said. Steve nodded and also had a devilish smile creep across his face.