Chapter 24: Rivalry and Plans

"Mom? Dad?" Serena said awe struck as she ran and hugged her mother and father with great joy and emotion. "It's great to see you honey!" Grace said with a tear in her eye. "We missed you so much" Serena's dad said as they pulled out of the hug. They then turned to her friends. "Hello Mr Yvonne" Shauna said. "Oh please call me Achille" he said with happiness. The others started greeting Serena's parent.

"Hey where's Ash?" Gary asked. As he said those words Greninja came rushing in looking with discomfort and horror. "Its master, come quick" Greninja said. Achille looked amazed that the Pokémon could talk.

Everyone rushed outside to where Ash was. They saw Ash being lowered down and his body glowing red mostly from his arm. Red came to the front of the group and didn't look unnerved. "Is he alright" Johanna said. "Yes he is fine, this is just a side effect" Red said picking Ash up. "What side effect?" Serena asked. "It's just telling us he is out of energy and needs rest" Red said. "Take him inside and lay him down in one of the rooms" Johanna said leading Red inside. Charizard just about fitted inside the house while the others sat in the hall. Kaylin sat next to Serena and had her arms around the little girl.

Achille noticed this and began to get worried. "Who is this, Serena?" Achille asked looking at Kaylin. "She is Kaylin, I'm basically just her.." Serena was cut off. "My mommy! And the best one" Kaylin said. "You what!? Serena we need to have a word now" Grace and Achille said. They went into a hallway for their privacy.

"Serena you're to young why did you do this?" Achille said. "Look I'm not alone" Serena said. "You got married!?" Achille almost screamed. "No no! Ash is helping me take care of her" Serena said. Serena was about to continue but Achille cut her off. "That weak boy done it with you?" Achille said angrily. "He is not weak" Serena replied angrily. "Achille hear her out, she has more to say" Grace said. Serena nodded thankfully and explained the situation of her and Kaylin and Ash. Achille seemed to calm down a little. "Ok thats fine, but that boy gives me an uneasy feeling. I do not wish for you to be with him" Achille said. "But you haven't met him properly" Serena argued. "I'll decide with him later in a Pokémon battle" Achille said. "You shouldn't do that" Serena said. Achille ignored Serena and headed back to the hall. Serena glances hopefully to her mother but she just sighed and headed back. Serena soon followed and sat next to Kaylin.

Pikachu then ran into the room and jumped onto Serena's lap and curled up and fell asleep. Serena started petting the little mouse as it let some tiny coo's.  "You have a Pikachu?" Grace asked. "He looks healthy and strong" Achille said. "It isn't mine, it's Ash's" Serena said. Achille almost choked and felt like taken his words back.

Soon Red entered the room. "Red what is wrong with your boy?" Achille asked. "You know each other?" Calem asked. "Duh we work for the same company" Achille said. Everyone sweat dropped.

Red explained to the three adults what Ash has gone through over his life. "That boy's been tortured" Johanna said. "I feel sorry for him" Grace said. "He's just a reckless little gimp I say. Why would he fight the lord of space on his own" Achille asked. "Don't call my boy a gimp, he's been heavily tracked by Giovanni and is barely escaping death" Red said. Those words spread an eerie chill around the group.

•••••

"Boss we have started the process of the weapon" A grunt said. "Excellent, how long will this take?" Giovanni asked as he spun around his chair to face the grunt. "Approximately a month to finish sir" The grunt said. "Thats long but we'll have to manage for now"

A large explosion could be heard from the room across the hallway. "Go check it out and report back to me" Giovanni said balling his fists. The grunt ran off. More explosions could be heard. Alarm bells were ringing around the building. Smoke was entering the room. The grunt came back with an eager face. "Arceus broke through and has escaped" The grunt said. "Go track him down. Don't lose him" Giovanni said on the verge of pure rage. The grunt spoke to the other grunts who rushed of in the direction of the smoke.