Chapter 42: Ultimate Test Part 1

'The battle is on, Lysandre!' Ash had his gaze fixed on Lysandre as he shouted his words. Ash and Greninja fought the lasers and the grip which had them held up in the sky. The water around them increased causing winds to fly about. 'This is absolutely marvellous!' Lysandre was intrigued at what he saw. The others just had their eyes fixed on the scene, all awestruck. The water engulfed all the Pokémon which were captured and broke the capture balls which were secured on their arms and legs.

Greninja broke free from the enveloped water. He landed on the ground the with the jet of water coming out of its back. The water disappeared and turned into a shuriken. Ash's Pokémon landed on the ground harmlessly. However Ash had lost control of his landing. 'Ash! Oh no!' Serena shouted as his body fell to the ground. There was an abrupt flash in the sky which blinded the scene. 'What's going on!' Max shouted as he covered his eyes. Serena tried glancing at Ash's direction but couldn't see. The flash stayed for a further ten seconds before it died down.

Serena instantly looked into the direction where Ash was falling hoping for miracle. 'Thank God!' Serena breathed a sigh of relied as she saw him on Dialga's back. 'You can let me down, thanks buddy!' Ash smiled and patted the legendary. 'No problem master' Dialga replied. It descended to the higher ledge and set Ash next to his Pokémon. When he stood up her felt his knees buckle and was about to fall to his knees but for Alain.

'Ash.. Are you okay?' Alain asked as helped him up, 'thanks to you my eyes are open!' Alain added. 'Alain!' Ash said happily. 'Lets take down the leader!' Alain said with determination. 'Thats the spirit!' Ash replied. 'Charizard, I choose you!' Alain threw his PokéBall and released his faithful fire type. 'Well leader! I'll show you how strong I am by protecting what I love. I'll show by taking you down!' Alain balled his fists in front of him.

'Unbelievable! That single beam was enough for me to control Zygarde, and for you it is not enough! A unique specimen but it's unfortunate that I have to get rid of you and him as now you are not needed' Lysandre chuckled. 'You can't decide who to choose to live! No one can!' Ash shouted. 'What do YOU know?' Lysandre said, 'you've never experienced the true hardness of the world' Lysandre said.

'I was once a helping hand back in the day..'

Flashback..

'Please help us!' A man shouted, he looked desperate and injured. Lysandre examined him and then turned to Xerosic. 'Go get the truck' he said. Xerosic nodded and ran off down the path. A few minutes later a truck wheeled down the path and stopped behind Lysandre.

'Get in' Lysandre kindly said to the man. The man thanked him and went into the truck. He was treated and cured of his injuries during the travel. 'Who are you?' Lysandre asked keen on the man. 'Samuel Ketchum, how about yourselves' he asked. 'I'm Lysandre the boss of team flare and those are my clients' He replied pointing at everyone in the truck.

'Team Flare?' Samuel looked confused. 'We are a team that are planning for the greatness of the world. To create a peaceful and strong empire for us and the people' Lysandre said with fire in his eyes. 'Well good luck with your goal' Samuel replied.

The journey lasted for about ten minutes when they reached a city. It was a horrible sight. Cars were crashed. Buildings were collapsed. Injured bodies sprawled across the floor. 'What happened here?' Lysandre seemed bemused at the sight and turned to Samuel. 'A deadly siege from The Rocket gang' Samuel replied. When he said the word 'rocket' Lysandre's face grew evil and dark.

'But why in Kanto?' Aliana aksed, she is one of the grunts. 'Apparently there was a sighting of Arceus but he is our saint so we fought back' Samuel said. The truck stopped in the middle of town. A huge crowd gathered in front of them as all the civilians came with hopeful faces. When Samuel stepped out he was bombarded with questions.