Chapter 37: Great Siege Part 1

'Be on your toes, those guards can be anywhere inside this place' Ash said creeping behind several boxes. His group closely followed behind him looking for any unseen movement. 'They must have kept the prisoner at the top floor' Clemont whispered to Ash. Ash looked at the stairs and saw two more guards standing at the foot of the staircase.

There was a little thud behind the group. A houndoom stood behind Serena growling menacingly. Serena shrieked which caused the guards to be alert. 'Hey you!' One of them shouted pointing at Ash. He charged at Ash but Ash rolled out the way just in time.

'Houndoom flame charge' The other grunt shouted. Flames released its mouth and it aimed for Serena. 'Delphox use flame thrower as well!' Serena shouted. The two moves collided but the flamethrower was much powerful and hit the houndoom. The Pokémon howled in pain and shot across the room and fainted against a wall. 'Greninja use water shuriken on the ground!' Ash commanded. Greninja threw two Shuriken's on the ground causing a mini explosion. The ground broke and pieces went flying around. It sent the two grunts flying into walls.

'Let's go!' Calem said who was at the stairs through the commotion. The group rushed towards the stairs and ascended them quickly. They slowed their pace down as they reached the end of the stairs. Ash peeked to see what was ahead. He saw one of the senior grunts of Team Flare talking with another guard. The senior one walked off leaving the guard alone. Ash became invisible and soon the guard was unconscious on the floor. Ash winced after he became visible.

'Ash?!' Serena said alarmed. She grasped his hand and all the pain seem to evade Ash's body. 'I'm fine, lets move!' Ash said and climbed the other set of stairs. Ash peeked and saw the senior grunt with another one. They were now guarding the final set of stairs to the top of the building.

'I'll make you guys invisible and you go upstairs and get the prisoner,' Ash said turning to his group. 'You grab the person and say the word ketchup' Ash finished. They gave him quizzical look, 'why Ketchup' Bonnie asked. 'Long story' Ash replied looking at Pikachu. 'What about you?' Clemont asked.

Ash smirked, 'I'll keep them busy' Ash said. He grabbed each persons hand and they soon disappeared. 'Ash promise you'll be safe and Kaylin' Serena said in her invisibility. Ash smiled and nodded he grabbed Kaylin and carried her on his back. 'Sawyer use sceptile if you need to' Ash spoke to the air. 'Got it!' Sawyer replied. 'Now go' Ash shouted.

He walked onto the floor casually earnings the attention of the two grunts. To his fortune they walked away from the entrance and closer to Ash. 'Hey! It's Ketchum!' One of them shouted. 'Let's knock him out! Infernape, come on out' the other one said and released his Pokémon. 'Empeloeon lets get em' the other grunt said and released the water type.

'Pikachu and Greninja! I choose you' Ash said and twisted his cap the other way round. 'Infernape Flamethrower!' 'Empoleon water pulse!' The two grunts commanded in sync. The Pokémon released their moves in sync.

Ash didn't move he just watched the moves as they got closer. 'Now!' Ash shouted and his Pokémon disappeared. The attacks missed but had damage on Ash a bit. Ash's Pokémon appeared behind the two starters from Sinnoh, 'Greninja use cut! Pikachu Iron tail' Ash shouted. Greninja's hands grew a stick and slashed at Infernape who went crashing into the ground. Pikachu span in the air and landed it's tail straight on the head of Empoleon. Both starters were lying down on the ground.

'He will definitely be a great addition' The grunts chuckled. Their Pokémon stood up almost unharmed. 'We're tough kid! Face it just give up' The grunt said smirking at Ash. 'That's a nice one lads but I will not be giving up anytime soon! Greninja aerial ace! Pikachu thunderbolt! Ash shouted. Greninja sped at Infernape and started punching it several times. Pikachu jumped up in the air and released the sparks from it's cheeks. Empeloeon screamed in agony as it took the attack.