Chapter 28: The Start Of The Prophecy

"Well Greninja, soon we will be facing our enemy for a final time" Ash said as he sat on the edge of the mountain. They looked on in the night sky and the shining stars which sat in the clear sky. Kaylin and Serena came out of their tents and spotted Ash on the edge. Serena and Kaylin rushed over thinking he might fall. "Ash, you might wanna move away from the edge a bit" Serena said. "Your afraid I might fall" Ash said chuckling a bit. "I don't want to lose you again daddy" Kaylin said. Ash looked at the little girl in the eye and saw fear and concern in it. Ash slowly backed up to the girls reliefs. They both joined him and sat on the floor.

"Ash, so what is the plan now, you've done your business so what now" Serena asked. "I hate to say it but, the prophecy begins now. The final stand between Alain and I and Giovanni begins" Ash said locking eye contact with her. "One of us will die at the end of all this" Ash said releasing their eye contact and fixing it back on the sky. "It won't be you, right?" Serena said with a hopeful tone. "I hope it won't be me but I cannot guarantee it" Ash said. He then saw the scared looks on Kaylin's and Serena's face. "I mean it definitely won't be me, I'll be fine" Ash said quickly and luckily for him their expressions changed into relief.

"You are better than my old daddy" Kaylin said. "Why is that?" Ash asked. "You are more brave and strong like a superhero" Kaylin said. "What about your old daddy" Ash asked. "He only talked most with mummy and never me. He only talked to me a few times" Kaylin said. "Oh. Well don't worry we will get revenge on the baddies, kay?" Ash said. "Your the best!" Kaylin said. She hugged Ash tightly and fell asleep. Ash turned to Serena who had also fallen asleep next to him. He put Kaylin on his back and picked Serena up. He went back to the tent and dropped the duo in their sleeping bags. He kissed them both on the cheeks and was about to leave but someone stopped him.

Ash turned around to see who grabbed his arm. It was Tierno. "Ash I want to talk to you" He said looking desperate. "Uh sure? Come outside" Ash said. Tierno nodded and followed Ash outside. They both went and sat at the place Ash had sat previously. "So what is it?" Ash said. "It's about Miette" Tierno said. Ash knew what he was going to say but wanted to hear it from him. "She's part of Team Flare, her father is Lysandre and she planned a attack on Serena" Tierno said. "Yes I know I already spoke with her but how do you know?" Ash asked. "Well she offered to help me get with Serena" Tierno said a little embarrassed. Ash lifted his eyebrow but Tierno didn't want to give eye contact. "What was your answer" Ash said calmly. "I rejected it because I knew it was wrong what she was doing, please take care of Serena. She's been my friend ever since I've been in Kalos" Tierno said. "I knew you were never a bad person but your attitude was your downfall. However that doesn't matter as you made the right choice" Ash said patting him on the back. "Thanks Ash, I know Serena will be happy with you" He replied. Ash smiled in return.

"So do we bait her out, yet?" Tierno said. "No, I feel she still has a role to play in this fight" Ash said. "But she could plan many more attacks" Tierno said. "I doubt it but it could be true" Ash said. "Well we have to be prepared for her then" Tierno said yawning at the end of it. "Yes but no one should know? Kay?" Ash said. Tierno nodded and felt his eyelids getting heavy. "I'm off to bed. See you in the morning" Tierno said. He walked back to his tent and instantly fell asleep with loud snores that could have shaken the ground.

Ash remained on the hilltop and could see the sun starting to rise. "Well Greninja, Pikachu let's go train for a while" Ash said. Greninja and Pikachu nodded and followed Ash into the cave to start their early morning training.

•••••

Serena woke up from her slumber and found herself in Ash's sleeping bag. "Ash didn't sleep" She said to herself. She looked around the tent and only Kaylin and herself remained. "Jeez I'm turning into Ash" Serena said chucking slightly. She woke Kaylin up and took her to a tiny water fall on the sides of the mountain.