Chapter 41: Ash's Strength and Clemonts Pride!

'Luxray let's do this!' Clemont said. Luxray growled and jumped in front of Clemont facing Xerosic. Xerosic started laughing, 'Malamar I choose you!' He threw his PokéBall and released Malamar. It hovered above the ground smirking at Luxray. 'Luxray use thunder shock!' Clemont commanded. Luxray growled and generated the electricity from it's body. It let one shriek before releasing the energy.

Malamar stood rooted and was buffeted by the force of the attack. 'Come on get up and use dark pulse!' Xerosic sounded angry. Malamar shook it's head and sent the dark pulse at Luxray. 'Luxray dodge it then use tackle!' Clemont shouted. Luxray jumped out of the way of the dark pulse. It then rammed it's head into Malamar sending it into a wall. 'Stop playing around and use dark pulse!' Xerosic said. Malamar once again sent a dark pulse at Luxray. 'Use swift and block it!' Clemont said. Luxray span around and stars flew out of its tail. The two moves collided causing an explosion in the air.

'Malamar use flamethrower' Xerosic reacted quicker. Luxray was caught on his heals and received the attack. Luxray cried out in pain. Once the flames disappeared, Luxray had smoke coming out of it's body. 'Luxray are you okay?' Clement asked. 'Lux' Luxray replied. 'Use thunder fang!' Clement shouted desperately. Luxray's teeth began to glow with sparks flying out. It charged at Malamar with it's mouth open. 'Dodge and use aerial ace!' Xerosic calmly said. Once Luxray lunged, Malamar ascended into the sky and came down flying the defencelessness electric type. 'Turn around and use thunder fang!' Clement bellowed out.

Both Pokémon collided on the floor. Luxray had managed to get a nibble as well as Malamar getting a hit. Once the smoke settled it revealed both Pokémon standing in a stare off both panting. 'This battle is useless use double team!' Xerosic said. Malamar created copies of it self and surrounded Luxray. 'Luxray use your vision and use thunder shock!' Clement shouted. Luxray closed its eyes and opened them again. It looked around and then.. 'Now!' Clement said. Luxray unleashed a thunder bolt at a Malamar. Another explosion causing the scene to be covered in dust. Once it settled Malamar wasn't there. 'Huh?' Clement was baffled. 'Hehe use Aerial ace!' Xerosic laughed. Malamar lunged straight into Luxray and sent him flying into a wall.

'You call yourself a scientist? You should have known the thinking behind this.. You should have easily dodged my attack. How disgraceful!' Xerosic mocked clement. Clement balled up his fists and looked at the ground. He could hear the soft whimpers of Luxray behind him. 'Never Give Up!' Ash's words floated around in his mind, 'be yourself.. Don't let others tell you what you are!' More of Ash's words filled his head. 'Well Scientist would be a great title for me but I am an inventor!' Clemont said looking at Xerosic. Xerosic's smug face disappeared. 'You can't tell me what I am! I will beat you and show that you are a disgrace! Luxray let's battle with our hearts!' Clement was filled with determination.

His words lifter Luxray. The electric type, despite it's injuries stood up and walked back in front of Clement with sparks coming out of his body. 'So you decide to start now.. Malamar use flamethrower!' Xerosic shouted. Malamar opened its mouth to release the flames. 'Now Luxray use swift!' Luxray quickly reacted and sent the stars from its tail at Malamar. It hit Malamar straight in the mouth causing it to choke. 'Malamar stop it!' Xerosic shouted at the choking Malamar. 'Well you should know that it takes exactly a second for the flames to come out so it leaves Malamar defenceless.. Where are your skills now!' Clement shouted adjusting his glasses. 'Malamar come on! Use dark pulse!' Malamar coughed but still used the attack. 'Luxray use swift then tackle!' Clement said. Luxray blocked the dark pulse and crashed straight into the Malamar. It looked on the edge. 'Malamar use flash!' Malamar blinded the whole room. 'Luxray stay on guard!' Clement shouted but it was too late Malamar sent another dark pulse at Luxray and causing him to stumble backwards.

'Flamethrower!'

'Thunder shock'

Both of them shouted at the top of their lungs. Luxray growled loudly and released large amounts of electricity towards Malamar. Malamar also screamed and released a huge jet of flame at Luxray. Both moves avoided each other and got direct hits on their opponents causing a huge explosion. It shook the building for a few seconds.