Chapter 35: Give Up?

'Ash!?' Serena shouted desperately. She held Ash in her arms sobbing slightly. 'Serena' Ash mumbled but his eyes were shut tight and wouldn't open. 'Open your eyes, please! I'm here now' Serena said stroking his face but Ash lay down breathing slowly and gently. 'We need to get him to the Pokémon centre quick' Red said. 'But Snow Point is taken!' Iris said knowing Team Rocket were based in that town. 'Oh no it's not, well not fully' Red said and hopped onto his Charizard with Serena and Ash's Pokémon.

Ash was on his Dialga's back but lay unconscious still from the attacks. He had several streams of blood from his head, which showed the damage that had been caused. He still had Pikachu in his arms who was also beaten from the attacks. Only Greninja was awake from the scare by the mysterious women. 'Is Ash going to be okay' Serena said holding the blue ribbon on her chest for comfort. Red didn't respond which worried Serena even more. She glanced at Ash's body and felt tears forming in her eyes, 'this is all my fault' She thought and tears started to flow out of her eyes.

They flew out of the exit and were met 10 minutes later by the rest of the group who took some time running their way out. 'Oh God, that was tiring' Clemont said falling down in the snow exhausted from the tiny sprint. 'Put it together Clemont!' Bonnie said frustratedly. They then rushed towards Ash who was being carried by Red. 'Is he going to be alright?' Calem asked. 'I don't know, we have to get to Snow Point quick!' Red said and started walking down the route to Snow Point.

'Serena is he alright?' Clemont asked and looked at Serena who looked in grief and agony. 'Serena?' Clemont spoke but she ran somewhere into the woods crying. 'Wait where are you going?' Misty shouted before running after her. The group stood still confused wether to follow the two teens. They ran after Red to tell him the news.

'What!?' Red said angrily, 'we'll search for her once we drop Ash' Red finished and started running down the path to Snow Point. They had reached the town within minutes but stayed on the outskirts. Red was scanning the ground looking for something until he found a hatch behind a tree. 'Guys in here' he said indicating to follow him down the hatch. They started to descend the ladders slowly as it was quite old and rigid. They could hear the murmurs build up inside the place. Slowly coming into view were around 40 refugees who all looked injured roaming around or sleeping on the floor. There was Nurse Joy in the thick of the commotion sorting out issues.

Red rushed over to Nurse Joy and pulled her out of discussion. 'Take Care of him!' Red said and lay Ash down on a trolly. 'Alain stay with Ash and don't let him get out of your sight' Red said sternly. Alain didn't look intimidated by his look but nodded. Red and the others walked off towards the hatch and soon disappeared.

'Check everywhere and if you can't find her come back to this place' Red said showing the tree that was shaped like a 'U.' They nodded and ran off into different sections of the woods shouting Serena's name. Obviously there was no response.

'Oh man, where is she' Gary said climbing up a tree. He scanned the area but saw nothing but trees everywhere. No sign of Serena anywhere. He jumped back down and saw two Rocket members walking. He hid behind a bush to here what they were talking about. 'That Ketchum boy is here, Alan reported to me not so long ago' One of them said. 'What has The boss asked' The other one replied. 'It's tough Paul but we have to capture him' The grunt said. Paul sighed, 'well Bill we need to get Alan to stabilise him at centre, then we go in' Paul said. The duo started walking off into the woods.

Gary kept a close eye on them and started to follow them. However he didn't see the large ditch in front of him and slipped in. 'Oh for balls sake' He said clearing the dirt of his clothes. He slowly climbed his way out to the top and saw that the grunts had disappeared. 'Well that's great' He sighed and ran the opposite way searching for them and Serena.