Chapter 25: Mt.Cornet Hike Begins!

Ash woke up at dusk after another vision from Giovanni's plans. He saw terrible images of innocent civilians get tortured, some unfortunately died. He woke Greninja up as well as Pikachu.

"Lads, we are going to train, so get ready in 5 minutes" Ash said. "Wait where are you going?" Greninja asked. "I'll go put Kaylin with Serena because I don't want to wake her up" Ash said. He picked Kaylin of the ground and carried her inside to Serena and her parents bedroom. He tiptoed to Serena's bed. He didn't notice that Achille watched him.

Ash lay Kaylin down next to Serena and left the room. "You better watch it kid, my eyes are on you" Achille spoke out. Ash stopped but didn't look back. He adjusted his hat and walked back outside.

"Ok ready?" Ash said. Ash released Charizard for him to join the training. "First of we well jog through that forest and find an open space to train" Ash said. His Pokémon roared in agreement and sped off into the forest. They jogged for 30 minutes before they found a little opening. They could hear slow current and knew it was a lake. They slowed down to walking pace and went through the opening.

"Where are we?" Greninja asked looking at the lake. There was a tiny cave in the centre of the lake which Ash recognised. "That is Mesprit's home, we are at Lake Verity" Ash said looking around like he was hear just yesterday. "We'll train here then" Ash said. His team were doing some fitness drills to start of with. A few stretches and stamina test. They then went onto target practice.

"Okay guys, except Charizard. I want you to use every attack you know on me, start with Pikachu" Ash said. Pikachu looked very hesitant at first. "Master you are injured you can't possibly handle 8 moves" Greninja said. "It will make me stronger and I will judge your attacks. Trust me I will be fine" Ash said. He told Pikachu to start. Pikachu started off with a quick attack. He hit Ash with good contact. Ash stumbled and fell down. "Strong as ever. Keep going" Ash stood up and waited for Pikachu's next attack. Pikachu used iron tail. He cut bit of Ash's clothes but Ash didn't care. "Next time more power Pikachu" Ash said. "Pika!" Pikachu then sent an electro ball to Ash. Ash took the hit but was sent flying across and hit a tree. More scratches were on his shirt/jacket (thing). "That was powerful, you mean that didn't you?" Ash chuckled at Pikachu. "Pika Pikachu" Pikachu said rubbing the back of it's head. Ash chuckled and ruffled Pikachu's head. Pikachu then finally used thunderbolt which Ash almost looked like he absorbed it. "That was refreshing" Ash said.

"Well your moves seem strong, for now. So don't get to complacent during battles, kay Pikachu?" Ash said. "Pika!" "Good, now Greninja your up. Show me your strength" Ash said. Greninja looked at him determined. He started of with cut. He sliced another chunk of Ash's jacket. "seems strong, keep coming" Ash said. Greninja's eyes fired up and used Aerial ace. He punched and kicked Ash several times. He accidentally hit a bit of Ash's wound. Ash screamed and fell to the ground clutching his hand. The wound started bleeding. "Sorry master. I am sorry. Let me go get medic" Greninja said panicking. "It's fine, it's only a cut. Now keep going we aren't done with training" Ash said as he got up with a determined and concentrated face.

Greninja was a bit shook after all that. He lost the fiery eyes and the determination almost slipped of his face. "Come at me" Ash said. Greninja formed two Shuriken's. He threw them at Ash but with no real pace and conviction. If there was ever insult to injury, Ash caught both of the Shurikens as they were poor.

"More than that Greninja" Ash encouraged. Greninja formed the water Shuriken's and threw them like before. He looked broken. Ash jogged over to Greninja. "Hey listen. I don't blame you that I'm bleeding" Ash said. "But I made it worse" Greninja said with a broken voice. "No Greninja you didn't. I asked you to so I take responsibility so don't blame yourself for my mistake. The past is the past and we move on and look to the future. Kay?" Ash said. Greninja lifted his spirits a little after Ash's words. It took Greninja some time but gradually increased his speeds in throwing the Shuriken's at Ash. Ash felt happy after the pace quickened.