I'm On One

Kai

"Okay you ready, you got this Kai." Dylan whispered in my ear behind me.

"I got this." I whispered to myself. I sat up from the floor and Dylan stood up with me. Before I took a few steps back to start running, I turned around to face Dylan. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Oh." Dylan breathed out. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I don't know how long we've been together, but I just want to thank you so much for being to help me out. Even though I know you be a total pain in my ass." I stopped to laugh, "I wish I could bring you back with me. Thank you again for everything, Dylan." I said my eyes began to feel with tears.

"Damn, I've been crying a lot recently."

"Hey don't cry, everything is going to be okay. I'm used to this by now." He gently smiled. "Tell Justin I said hi and that I'm doing great. Tell him that I miss him and love him."

"Of course." I said wiping my tears, "Okay, one last hug because I'll never be able to see you again."

I gave him one last hug before turning around the other way. "You got this Kai." Dylan yelled from behind me. Without thinking about it any longer, I ran with everything that I had left in me.

Justin

Today was May 19th, Kai was supposed to wake up two days ago according to Dr. Lacey. I'm the only one left here waiting for her to wake up. Kai's parents left a few hours ago, something happened to someone in their family back in California. I told them I would look after Kai, but they are trying to come back as soon as possible.

Kai's hospital room was filled with flowers and cards from people at school. She's hung out with me so much, I forgot she was popular.

"Your ass is so stubborn, you were supposed to be awake by now." I said while sitting on the couch I've been sleeping on for the past few weeks.

"Oh my god! Babe, Dylan O' Brien is at the same hospital as us." I said trying to wake her up. She still remained silent with her eyes close.

I tried again, "High school Musical is on!" I said in a girly voice, but still no response. I sighed in frustration and went to pour my self some sprite. I grabbed one of the white styrofoam cups.

"Two white cups and I got that drink
Could be purple, it could be pink
Depending on how you mix that shit
Money to be got, and I'm a get that shit"

I rapped as I poured my drink in my cup. "Cause I'm on one." I heard from behind. My heart stopped as I turned around to look at Kai. Her eyes were slightly open and she had a small smile on her face.

"Oh my god!" I said putting down my drink, I ran up to her bed to hug her. I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Hi baby." I grinned down at her.

"Hi." Her voice came out raspy. I walked to the fridge and grabbed her a bottle of water. I opened it for her because the doctor said it would take a few hours to days for her to get her strength back. She drank half of the bottle in a few seconds.

"Only you would wake up from coma singing a drake song." I laughed as I looked at her. I looked into her dark brown eyes, I just stared at them for a while. "What?" She squirmed under my stare.

"You do realize you've technically have been sleep for almost three weeks. It's just great to finally have you back. I missed you." I admitted to her.

"I missed you too, Justin." She said with a smile on her face. I went to lean in for a kiss but she moved away. "What?" I said almost feeling offended.