Power Outs

Kai

Justin and I were driving to his house holding hands in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence though. That's one of the things I love about being with Justin, we could be sitting in silence and its not awkward.

We walked to the front door in sopping wet clothes. I took off my shoes by the door, not wanting to create dirty footprints through his house.

We both walked up the stairs into Justin's room. I looked around his room, his walls were painted a light grey with a queen size bed in the left corner. He had a white desk in the right corner with a black book sitting on top of it.

"What's that book?" I asked turning to him.

"I- uh, write my thoughts or my lyrics that come to mind in there." He looked down at his feet.

I didn't ask to look at it because I could tell he was uncomfortable with me even knowing about the book.

He handed me a white sweatshirt and a pair of basketball shorts. I walked into his bathroom and put on the sweatshirt that said "Toronto Maple Leaves" on it. The sweatshirt came down to my knees, so I didn't put on the shorts.

I came out of the bathroom to see Justin with sweats on and no shirt. I started laughing, "What?" He asked.

"It's just, I noticed that I'm not wearing bottoms and you're not wearing a shirt."

"You're so weird." He chuckled at my moment, "You look so cute in my sweatshirt. You should wear my clothes more often."

"Don't say that because if you mean it, I will steal half of your closet." I said jumping on the bed next to him. We sat in silence, but my stomach growled loudly, quickly breaking it.

"Looks like we have a problem to fix." Justin said getting off of the bed and throwing me over his shoulder. He jogged down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. He placed me on top of the counter and looked through the cabinets , pulling out a box of brownie mix.

"Yes, good idea." I practically moaned thinking about eating the delicious treat.

We got all of the ingredients we needed to make the brownies. We poured all of it together into a bowl, creating the chocolate goo. I stuck my finger in it, just to have a little taste.

Justin went to put his finger in the bowl but I slapped his hand away, " What- but. You just."

"We have to bake them first." I smirked going to the cabinet to find a pan. I found a square pan and started walking back to Justin.

All of the sudden the light went out making me drop the pan. Justin and I both screamed loudly.

"The power went out." Justin whispered.

"Aw man, now we can't make any brownies." I whined.

"Really? That's all your thinking about right now?"

"What? A girls gotta eat." I shrugged, "Wait, why are we whispering?"

"Because it's more fun that way." Justin giggled, I mean legit school girl giggled.

"Lord Jesus, please help this child." I said outloud.

I walked around trying to find Justin, "I swear your kitchen wasn't that big. Where are you?" I heard a sound like someone sucking on their fingers, "You did not just put your finger in there."

"Oh, I sure did." I could practically hear the smirk he was wearing on his face. I moved closer until I bumped into his body. I found the bowl of batter and quietly dipped my hand in the bowl. I grabbed the back of Justin neck with my other hand and leaned closely to his face. He leaned in closer to kiss me, but I rubbed the brownie on his face with my other hand.