Dylan

Justin

Its been two weeks since New Years and the year has treated me well so far. But today January 14th is day that I do not look forward to.

Kai has been texting and calling me all morning, I feel bad that I'm not responding to her but I'm just not in the mood to talk right now.

Babygirl: Hey J, I haven't heard from you all morning are you okay?

Babygirl: I'm not trying to be an annoying girlfriend. It's just you're not answering my calls or my texts. Should I be worried?

Babygirl: Did I do something wrong?

I turned off my phone and threw it across the room making it hit the wall. I sat at the edge of my bed with my head in my hands. A knock was heard on my door, "Justin I made food. Are you hungry?" My mom asked.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry." I mumbled.

"I know today is the day that-"

"Mom, please I just want to be left alone." I said so quietly, I'm surprised she heard me.

I walked into my closet and grabbed the red album I kept in there. Pictures of Dylan and I filled the whole book. From Kindergarten to freshman year.

We became friends because we both wore a red plaid shirt on the first day of school and had ninja turtle backpacks. I looked through the pictures, I was sitting there on the bench waiting to bat for little leagues. Dylan sat next to me, his blonde hair all over the place.

I smiled as I saw us grow through the years, my smile stopped when it came to the last picture. Dylan and I on the first day of freshman year. My eyes started to tear up. Something hit my window making me jump. I wiped my eyes and looked outside, there stood Kai in sweats and tank top.

"Where the fuck have you been all day?" She yelled.

"I've been here, Kai I just really want to be alone." I mumbled.

But her being her stubborn self, climbed up the tree and into my window. She sat on my bed and saw the album that was opened on it, "Oh my god! You were so cute." She squealed. I gently smiled. She grabbed my face and looked into my eyes, "Babe, have you been crying? What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I shrugged not really wanting to talk about it.

"You can talk to me about anything you know that right?"

I nodded, "It's just-" I paused, "T-today is the day of Dylan's d-death." I said my eyes starting to tear up again.

She paused and then immediately wrapped her arms around me. As soon as she wrapped her arms around me, I just broke down, "He was my best friend, He was all I had." She rubbed my back and tried to clam me down, "I'm sorry for being such a pussy today, I don't mean to cry in front of you."

"Justin, it's okay. Everyone needs to cry, it's completely natural and normal, you're best friend passed away."

"I remember the day like it was yesterday." I said laying on her lap.

*Flashback*

"Dylan, why would you fucking say that?" I yelled at him as we ran.