The "L" Word

Kai

I sat in Spanish class bored out of mind waiting for this day to end. Droplets of water hit the window hard as I looked out the window.

California has the most bipolar weather. One day it could be so hot to the point where everyone is wearing shorts and tank tops. Then three days later, it's super windy and cold.

I didn't mind the rain, it's nice and calming. Plus, we need the water since we are in such a drought.

I continued to daydream out the window until I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

My baby: I'm bored

Kai: oh shut up, at least you have a free period. I'm stuck in Spanish

My baby: Tell your teacher you have to go to the bathroom or your stomach hurts

Kai: damn someone's eager to see me

My baby: just do it, I miss you

Kai: ok ok chill, meet me by the girls bathroom

I put my phone in my little black purse and raised my hand waiting for Ms. Álvarez to call on me.

"Si Kai?"

"Um, I'm not feeling too well. Can I take the pass to go to the nurses office."

She nodded her head and I got up to get the pass, she yelled as I walked out of the classroom, "Para esta noche la tarea, leer el capitulo tres y responder a todas las preguntas."

"Okay." I yelled back and grinned as I walked down the hall to see my handsome boyfriend.

Justin

I waited in front of the girls bathroom to meet Kai. Amber walked out of the girls bathroom and walked passed me. She paused and turned around with a smirk on her face.

"Hey Jaxon." She bit on her bottom lip and twirled her blonde curls.

"It's Justin." I corrected her.

"Whatever, same thing." She rolled her eyes, "So, how have you and Kai been?"

"Um, we are good. We are actually amazing. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I can't be- "

"Yeah, okay. I didn't ask for your whole life story." She scoffed.

I slumped back against the wall thinking to myself how do people actually like this girl. Amber stared at me with an intense glare. I squirmed under her stare.

"Look, I can see that you're in love with Kai. So this is why I have to do this." She said.

"What are-" I asked confused but was interrupted by her lips attaching to mine.

A "bang" was heard across the hall, making me and Amber turn our heads. Kai stood there with the hall pass on the floor next to her. Amber smirked and walked away to wherever she was going.

"You have fucking got to be kidding me?" Kai screamed.

"No. Kai I swear it's not what it looks like." I said walking towards her.

She backed up every time I took a step, "Don't come near me." She walked away from me walking to the front entrance.

"Kai, it's not safe outside. The streets are flooding and you'll get soaked." I tried reasoning to keep her inside.

"Does it look like I give a fuck?" She snapped.

I walked outside with her the rain pouring hard on my back, making me soaked within seconds. She kept running as I got closer. I kept putting my hood up, but it didn't help because it kept falling down.