Chapter 15: Magcon

On the way down to my jeep I decided to change my lock screen, so I went to my photo gallery to find a new picture. Right now it was just a picture of my jeep. While I was scrolling through my pictures I found one of Bekah, before the accident, and she looked amazing. She sent me the picture while I was on vacation. It was a picture of her holding her panda, Georgie. One of her coworkers took the picture, her face was priceless. Her mouth was open a little and she was smiling, holding Georgie in her arms, cradling him like a baby. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun and she was wearing a blue t shirt. She was happy and her only care seemed to be caring for Georgie. That was the picture I chose. It gave me hope that maybe, once all this passes she could be that way again.

By the time I made it to the car, Johnson was already waiting, scrolling through his Twitter feed.

"Get in the car we have some talking to do." I snapped, unlocking it.

"Let me guess. She went crying to you, and now you think you're going to make it all better?" I glared at him and got into the drivers seat. I waited for him to buckle his seat belt to respond.

"Johnson you need to stop being such a fucking bitch. Your letting your feelings for her get in the way of being her friend. Did you stop and think that maybe that's the fucking reason she doesn't want to be with you?  No of course you didn't because it's something that she chose, and God forbid that she thinks of herself before she fucking thinks of you. You're turning 19 and you're acting like a fucking 5 year old. Grow up Johnson. You may think that you'll be fine without her and that she really doesn't mean shit, but I've seen you without her and you fucking fell apart. If that's the road you wanna go down then that's your fucking choice, and I'm not gonna try to fucking stop you anymore." We glared at each other for about a minute, and I pulled out of the lot.

"I don't know why you're trying to keep me in her life. If I'm gone it just means more of  a chance for you." I looked over at him confused. "Yeah Gilinsky I know. I know that you love her. Hell, anyone with eyes can see it, well that is except for her. So tell me why do you want me to stay in her life, when me leaving would make yours so much easier."

"Because unlike you what she wants matters to me. A lot actually. She may not know that I'm in love with her but she does know that I love her. Can you say the same?" I mumbled the first part, but didn't make eye contact. He didn't respond so I whispered "yeah, I didn't think so." The rest of the car ride was silent.

When we got to the place, we were greeted by a girl with curly red hair.

"Hi, I'm Mahogany. You must be Jack and Jack. I'm the dj."

"Hey, I'm Jack G and this is Jack J" I motioned to J who was on his phone, again.

"Okay J is blonde and G is brunette. Got it." She made herself a note. "Cmon you can meet the guys now."

She led us to a room with about 9 other guys in it. "Ready?" We nodded and she opened the door.

"Okay so you have Cameron and Nash, best friends, they are in the corner. Then there's Nash's little brother Hayes who is on the side of them. He is talking to Carter. Then there's Aaron and Taylor, eating. And the one with the guitar is Shawn. Guys where's Matt? Oh, over there he's sleeping on the bean bag chair. And one of our guests right now is Jacob who is" she paused as arms wrapped around her waist "right here. Aye guys Jack and Jack are here!" All the guys jumped up and Cameron kicked Matt waking him up. "Hey guys, I'm guessing she already told you about everyone?" We nodded.

My phone vibrated and I pulled it out checking it quickly, in case something was wrong with Bekah. It was a message from her brother checking in, I opened the message but decided not to respond and messaged Sammy instead checking in.