Chapter 17: Discovering

Johnsons POV:

I talked to James last night and we cleared the air.

I wanted to clear the air with Bekah to so I grabbed her favorite stuffed animal and headed over to the hospital.

I got there and looked through the little hospital window to her room. I saw her sitting with Gilinsky on the hospital bed. She was laughing so much. Her face was all red and her smile reached from ear to ear. Gilinsky was laughing with her, smiling. They were both happy, happier then I've seen either of them in a long time. She's been miserable for so long. Even when she was with me, she was never this happy. She hasn't been this happy since before her dad left. I miss seeing her like this. Seeing her happy. Seeing her let go. She belongs with Gilinsky. He's the only one that can make her smile like this. She deserves better than me. She deserves him. I turned around and gave a nurse the stuffed animal for her before walking back out of the hospital.

Gilinsky's POV:

"Oh my god remember when James had a huge crush on Laura and tried to get her to go out with him. And when they went out on a date he got ice cream all in her hair. She came home soooo mad and walked into my room while you were over and kicked me for saying she should go out with him." We were going over all of our memories, and she was genuinely happy.

"Oh my god yes. She kicked you and made Molly help her get the ice cream out of her hair." We both died of laughter.

"We need to make more memories. But first I need to get the fuck outta this hospital. Can you go get the nurse?" She asked me.

"Of course. Anything for you ma lady. But after we get you out of here we are making memories." I bowed to her and laughed. As I walked to the door it opened, and a nurse came through it.

"This is Bekahs room right" I nodded. "Okay I was told to give this to you." She handed Bekah her favorite stuffed animal. It was a dog her dad gave her before he left. She smiled and teared  up.

"Where'd you get this" she asked the nurse.

"I was instructed not to tell you." The nurse said.

"Okay well when can I leave here. I just want to go home." She grabbed my hand.

"Actually I have the sheet for you to sign yourself out now. Fill this out, we'll check up on you make sure everything is all set and then you can leave."

She reached for the board and began filing it out.

"Is there anything I should watch out for, or anything I should make sure that happens or something?" I asked the nurse.

"Nope she should be fine all her numbers are good. But if she starts to hyperventilate or she falls again holding some part of her torso bring her in right away. And make sure she is always well hydrated." I nodded and ran my thumb over Bekahs hand. The nurse left and Bekah started getting off the bed, but she got stuck a little.

"Need help there killer?" She chuckled and nodded. I walked over to the side of the bed and wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her up and placing her one good foot gently on the ground. I let go of her and she tried to regain her balance but fell back. I put one arm out and caught her.

"Geez haven't even left the hospital and you're already falling for me." I smirked. Our faces were so close I could feel her breath on my face. She put her arm that wasn't in a cast around my neck and smashed her lips against mine. Her lips were soft. I kissed her back fiercely, tightening my grasp on her waist pulling her closer to me. She grabbed the hair at the back of my neck and held on tight, pulling it. She slipped her tongue into my mouth, making the kiss more intense. She bit my lip and pulled away. Reality kicked in and I pushed her away from me, but still supporting her so she wouldn't fall.