Chapter 14: Forgetting

"W-what do you mean, Bek? It's me Jack G. You're best friend. One of the two." Not again.

"Well then I must be the luckiest girl in the world, because you are really hot. I can only imagine what your other friends look like." She said looking down at my abs. I blushed a little but, this wasn't Bekah. She would never flirt with me and put our friendship at risk. Did she really not remember who I was?

"I'll be right back, okay?"

"Yeah sure, bring me back some food?" I nodded and walked out.

I went up to the receptionist and told her about Bekahs memory loss and asked if there was a certain reason and if it was temporary or permanent. She didn't know the answer so she paged one of the doctors and told him. The doctor then came over and talked to me also.

"So you said that your friend can't remember you, her brother or any one else she knows?" I nodded in response. "Okay. And it says here that she had to undergo surgery twice today, and put under anesthesia both times. If  she just woke up from the second round of anesthesia then it could cause temporary memory loss, but once she is fully awake and the anesthesia is out of her system then her memory should return to normal. There is no need to worry yet. If you'd like to go home we could watch over her for you and call you if anything changes."

"No it's fine she's my best friend. I'm not going to leave her, the last time I did this whole thing started. So I'll be staying over night and maybe seeing me for a while will help trigger her memory. Thank you, Doctor." I smiled at him and walked back into Bekah's room.

"Oh good you're back, what kind of food did you bring?"

"I couldn't get any food right now, but you should go to sleep, doctors orders."

"Ughh fine." She rolled over and tucked her hands under her head. I sat back into my chair and got ready to fall asleep.

"Hey, Jack. I have a question." I made an mhmm noise for her to continue, as I was already half asleep. "Have we ever dated because you seem to care about me more than a best friend would? Wait are we dating now and I just forgot?"

"No, we haven't dated and I don't think we ever will."I whispered.

"Well why not?" She asked me. I was so tired, so instead of coming up with a lie I told her the truth.

"Because I'm in love with you but you're in love with someone else." She was silent for a minute before responding.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I think. We should go to sleep though because you sound exhausted so goodnight." She hurried before rolling to her other side so her back was towards me.

"Good night." I whispered before falling into a deep sleep.

Next morning:

I woke up to the sound of the tv, Bekah was watching one of her old favorite shows, suite life of Zach and Cody. I looked over at her and she just looked so happy.

"It's about time you woke up, I was starting to get bored." She smiled throwing a napkin at me.

"Ow that napkin, made of paper hurt so much." I told her sarcastically.

"Bitch. Oh my god I had the weirdest dream yesterday because of the anesthesia. So we were just chilling here like this but I didn't know anyone for some reason and then you told me that you're in love with me but we would never date. How crazy is that?"

Well she got her memory back. "Yeah, super crazy" I mumbled heading into the bathroom.

"G, can I ask you something?" I popped my head out of the bathroom with my toothbrush in my mouth, and said "uh huh" while nodding my head.