The In

Merlin went straight to Gaius with the news of Morgana's plan. He wasn't the police, so technically Morgana couldn't turn Arthur in for this. Gaius was an old man but he was very wise, and Merlin trusted him with his life.

"Morgana plans to kill Uther," Merlin explained after asking Gaius for some time for the two to talk.

Gaius's eyes opened wide in astonishment. "What do you mean?"

He still couldn't believe that the girl he had once treated for nightmares, nightmares that consisted of the death of Uther Pendragon, was now planning his doom. Gaius believed Merlin, though. He knew the ruthlessness of the girl but did not ever imagine her doing something so evil.

"She means to kill him to get his money, but Arthur's in her way. She would have to kill both of them, but even then, it would just go to the next blood relative. Morgana isn't related to Uther by blood," Merlin huffed.

"Uther once had an affair with a new teacher at Camelot," Gaius explained, "and she got pregnant. Uther knew how it would look to the press, so he paid her off. She delivered the baby and gave it to Uther's good friend from University. When he died, Uther took in the baby as his own, making the press believe he took the child in as a selfless deed."

Merlin's jaw dropped. "Morgana," he realized.

Gaius nodded. "She must have figured out the truth."

"She told me that she'll tell the police Arthur was the hit and run driver the night of my accident," Merlin said.

"Then caution yourself, my boy. She probably has all of the evidence she needs to put him behind bars. Did she threaten you?"

Merlin was already up from his seat, eager to warn Arthur of the threat.

"She didn't need to."