Horror Movie Questions

When Arthur knocked on Merlin's front door, Gaius answered. The old man hobbled to the front door and was greeted by the shining face of Arthur Pendragon, the son of the man that Gaius used to treat. He knew Arthur's face well, though he hadn't seen it in maybe two years, ever since the Pendragons had started seeing another, younger physician. 

"Arthur?" Gaius asked. The was aware that Arthur was painfully arrogant and therefore popular, which meant he was no friend of Merlin's.

"Oh, hello, Gaius. Is Merlin here?" Arthur asked, his smile quickly fading. Gaius nodded but did not allow the boy entrance. He feared that the young Pendragon had come to find Merlin and hurt him, because he seemed like the bully type. Gaius wouldn't let that happen to Merlin. 

Suddenly, Merlin came rushing down the stairs, sliding his black tee over his head. 

"Was that the door?" he asked from the top of the stairs. He met Arthur's gaze and beamed. "Hey."

Arthur nodded. "Hello, Merlin," he said sheepishly. Gaius looked back and forth at the two of them before simply rolling his eyes and stomping off to find Hunith.

"Wanna come upstairs? Thought we could watch a horror movie," Merlin suggested. Arthur nodded and followed Merlin back up the stairs, both of their hearts racing. Once Arthur was in the room, Merlin reached behind and shut the door, turning off their access to the outside world. Merlin had already popped popcorn and had his tv set up and on. Arthur outwardly appreciated the effort and sat down on Merlin's unmade bed. Merlin sat on the floor next to him, not wanting to be too forward.

"Don't you want to sit here?" Arthur asked, patting the spot on the bed next to him.

"Is that okay?" Merlin asked, trying to hide his excitement.

Arthur shrugged in response, so Merlin cautiously took his place next to him on the bed. He put his hand down on the bed, just in case Arthur was thinking everything Merlin was. The movie started and it took a while for the action and horror to get started. Arthur did his best to hide his fear, but at one point he jumped and knocked into Merlin, knocking him to the floor. He offered Merlin his hand, which Merlin accepted. 

Merlin went to let go but received a squeeze in response. 

"I'm scared. Is it too unmanly?" Arthur asked softly.

Merlin shook his head and squeezed his hand in response.

A few minutes later, Arthur was sitting much closer to Merlin than he had been before. Merlin turned his head at one point and then he felt a hand go into his hair.

"What are you--"

Arthur cut him off with a kiss on his lips. Both of their eyes closed and then Merlin came to his senses and pulled away from the blond, his emotions exploding. 

"Arthur--"

"I'm sorry. I thought... I thought that because of the party that you liked me and--"

"The party?" Merlin asked.

Arthur nodded. "Seven minutes in heaven," Arthur replied. "That was, um, me."