Six | Client

[Edited]

Niall's POV

(Before he disappeared)

I was surprised to be exact. She just kissed me without any warning. She just did it like it's what she wanted to do for a while. The warmness of her touch and lips had always sent shivers to me.

And kind of angry with myself.

Who knew I can manage seeing someone hurt and down by just a few words. Or maybe I went on too harsh but why? Why the hell am I going too hard and rough whenever she tries to be nice?
All my stupidity hangs up high, weighing heavily on my shoulders. Ever since I turned around and left as she told me to, I couldn't help but face down and ponder again and again.

My phone buzzed in my pockets and I pulled it out like a piece of paper. I sighed silently at the sight of Louis calling.

"Mate," he called out.

"Yeah, what is it?" I whispered. The fuck am I whispering for?

"Why are you whispering?" I opened my mouth to reply but he cut me to it. "I need you to come. There is a client"

"What? I told you I don't do that stuff anymore. I'm keeping a low profile"

"A ten thousand Niall. Ten fucking thousand. You are coming and that's it" I wanted to argue but he hung up leaving me no choice but to follow it. I rolled my eyes and thought for a while. I don't need that much money. Well... do I? I don't now, it could help me and Greg but he don't give no shits.

I'm a Uni drop out who doesn't even have proper job. Well, I do and that is at the car repair. But I don't get much money there and it will seem weird as a car repair would pay me a thousand.

Do I really need that much of money?

Jesus, what happened to me?

I walk out and saw that Caythe is no longer here and ran to my apartment. It took me long enough to realize I was already in front and I enter the building. Unlike Harry's one, this building had elevators but sometime doesn't work so it's a win-lose situation. Not wasting any time, I climb up the stairs after finding out it isn't working. Our flat was in 4th floor so I breathe heavily when I reached. I unlocked the door with struggle and the door opened hitting me with a smell of coffee.

"Hey little bro, did you jog outside? You're pretty much sweating" Greg walked to me but I had no time to deal with him so I ignored him and walked over to my room. "C'mon, you don't wanna talk?" Greg called out. I take a deep breath and walk towards him.

"Look Greg, all these time I did too, but not now. Go and work to your beloved job and come home all wasted. Maybe that will be the time I would want to talk to you" I turned away but stopped when I heard him continue.

"I quit that job"

"What?" I looked back at him confused.

"I was offered at a music shop" he said. I nodded and headed to my room and showered feeling bad that I snapped at him. He quit his job either because of these two reasons. One, he was offered. Two, me.

I complained a times to him about his work as a bartender and I guess he was tired by my all talk or because he wanted my happiness but I doubt that.

After a quick shower, I pull on an Arctic Monkeys shirt and pair of jeans. I pulled on Nike and headed out but stopped midway. I looked over to see Greg sitting on the couch all comfy.

"Greg, can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

I cleared my throat and asked, " was the reason you quit because of the offer or me?"

He smiled and replied, " You"

"Because of..."

"For your happiness" he said. I smiled and walked to him.

"C-can I give you a hug?" he laughed and stood up.

"You're too cute. Why ask?" he gave me a man hug and hid my face into his neck missing him. We had been apart for long time and I really missed talking to him. Even on weekend, he would just sleep and not speak a word to me. That's the reason why I always end up in Harry's. He was always like a brother to me. Understanding, comfortable, all I need to cover up Greg. But now, I have both of them.

-------------

I drove my car and pulled over the empty lot. I walk out and head inside our little hideout. It had little cracks on the walls, faded colours everywhere and the smell of weed. Don't even mention cigarettes.

"Here man" I looked at where that voice came from. Liam stood there motioning me to follow him.

"Who came?" I asked. We walk in the halls which had a lot of echoes and so I whispered so no one could hear.

"Frank Woodstern"

"Who?"

"You will see" I nodded and followed him in silence until we reached the last door.

Liam opened the door and shut it behind me once I entered. I used to be in this room a lot of times back in high school. They had this room only for clients and I was mostly their best guy. I had done a lot of things except murder and kidnapping as it wasn't my thing. I never liked the idea of seeing blood and blinding a person.

My eyes then stopped wandering when I see an old buff man with grey but also black hair. He wore a black suit with a grey dress shirt. His pants and shoes matched his suit and I walked over to him where he was sitting down. He showed me a signal to sit across him and I did.

"You must be Niall Horan" he said with a deep rusty voice. He didn't sound British so I'm guessing he's not from here.

"Yes, and you must be Frank Woodstern" I replied with confidence. I had always been this way when I had meetings with my clients. Louis told me I had to be this way in order that person will pick me with trust.

"I heard you were the best choice"

"I try, sir"

"So I need you to do a favor for my lady" he smirked and leaned forward, his arms resting on the table. I looked at him firmly and nodded.

"I need you, to kidnap, Caythe Michelle Styles"

-------------------------

Ooooo ok one short crappy chapter but this is not the end!! There is more to this so please don't give up!! Don't forget to vote and comment!!

-Nur