Five | Disappear

[Edited]

Caythe's POV

It was... how do I say this? Weird? Unusual? Niall didn't tease me through the whole time last night. Not that it's a bad thing of course. He seemed not himself at all. He shut his mouth throughout the night. Even if Harry asks him something, he reply's with a simple 'yeah' and 'no'. I am sure that even Harry noticed that. He seemed dazed. Like his mind was somewhere else ever since we held hands. Did he not like it? Did he regret grabbing my hand and holding it?

I could still feel his warmness on my hand and how it spreads to my entire body. It felt like just one touch of warmness from him, it would make my whole body warm. Is it the effect he has on me? I mean I sure as hell know I don't hate him anymore. But one thing is that... I do like him. I never wanted to. I don't want to like someone who doesn't like me back. I don't want that. It hurts to know that if you ever confess, he will just leave you broken by rejecting. I mean, why in the world would Niall like me back? I am just a girl who he likes to tease and mock every time. I don't understand it.

What if he's just leading me on? Tricking me until that one day he'll drop the bomb of i-was-only-playing-you.

Because it's unreal. So unreal.

I swing my legs as I set my body on the empty swings in the playground. I woke up at 7 am and wanted to go for a walk through the foggy streets until I found this playground. It seemed so empty and lonely. Desperate to hear children's laughter and their playful character. I didn't just walked and ignore it. I couldn't. It looked so gloomy and I thought maybe I would fill it up. Even though I am alone. Not anymore until I heard footsteps.

"A long way from the playground," his thick Irish accent echoes through the are causing me to smile but kept it away so that he would not see me. "And I'm tired".

His footsteps came louder and before I knew it, he stopped walking and sat down on the swing beside me. He sighed and a thick smoke blew from his mouth.

"Good morning early bird" he cracked a smile. I returned it only for a short while because all my dark thoughts are suddenly clouding over him.

"Good morning. Did you walk over?" I asked. It isn't exactly the question I wanted to ask but it is the least I could do other than questioning him with something I will regret later on.

"Jogged. From the apartment" he replied. I nodded and opened my mouth to ask him something else but he spoke again as if he read me. "My apartment. Basically, I didn't stay over".

"Oh" was the only thing I could say.

What else should I say?

Should I mention about last night?

I nodded to myself slightly and opened my mouth to say something but nothing could come out.

What if he says something that would hurt me?

And why am I worried about that when he does it all the time?

"What were you sorry about yesterday?" he asked out of the blue. I sighed of relieve thankful that he started the conversation. I was confused at first by what he meant then it all clicked. I was going to say it but Harry fucking interrupted.

"Oh, that? Just... you know.. uh...sorry for..."

"Forspillingjuiceonyourwhiteshirt" I said quickly.

Lies.

"Excuse me?" he laughed. Gosh why did I make up such a lie? "You know, for the past 6 years I came to your house, I never left any of my shirts there. Unless you came over by my house but that never happened"