19

Chris didn't feel awful about the things he said to Dan, and truth be told he never would. Dan needed to hear it, needed help to grow a pair and scream, "who gives a shit?"

It was obvious the way he constantly stared at Phil the entirety of the day. Dan had spoken to Phil before, they made light talk and spoke of things they enjoyed but that wouldn't be enough.

Nothing would change what Dan couldn't have, everyone here held baggage dragging behind them. They had their own problems and liking someone wasn't going to get rid of those issues. Sure it'd get rid of the pain temporarily but nothing would change in the long run.

Pj exited the shower and Chris tried again to speak, sincerity with words is something Chris could never have. But he'd be damned if the boy standing in front of him wouldn't hear him.

"Pj," and he was ignored. Rubbing a towel on his head and the hard frown still there he turned his back to Chris and sat. "You think just because you're shirtless I'll sit quiet," Chris scoffed, "in actuality it'll just make me talk more."

He hoped his humor would enlighten Pj, make his grin reappear. But all Pj did was throw the towel in the basket, throw on a random shirt, and lay down. He wasn't asleep, this much Chris knew, but his conscious was begging him to keep quiet. He didn't want to bother Pj, Pj was the only person he couldn't have hate him.

So he told him. "Please," he began, "don't hate me." Pj flinched at how soft his voice was, Chris never sounded like this, never pleaded like this.

Pj wasn't ready to forgive, so he closed his eyes and forced sleep to overtake him.