Chapter 4: Blocked and Deleted Beautiful

I made sure to not look at Chad at all during first period; I refused to. He didn't need to know how hurt I was; no one did. Burying my head in my arms on the table like a turtle in it's shell, I slept during his whole class period, shutting out his smooth voice. I nearly didn't hear when the bell rang; an alarm of four minutes of freedom before I had my next class. Stretching my arms out, a yawn escaped from me in the emptying classroom and it happened.

My eyes met his behind the desk. Damn. He wore the same disappointed face from yesterday.

Using his index finger, he signaled me to come to his desk.

I placed my bag on my shoulder and sluggishly dragged my feet over to him.

"How was your nap?" he asked as he began writing on a yellow piece of paper.

I knew it was a rhetorical question but I answered it anyway. "Pretty good." I smirked.

"I'm happy for you." he ripped off the yellow piece of paper from the pad it was attached to and handed it to me. "FYI, there's no sleeping in lunch detention."

My smirked transformed into a frown in a matter of nanoseconds. "That's unfair! It's not my fault your class is boring." I balled up the piece of paper and threw it on the ground. I had never received lunch detention before and refused to receive it from him.

I had no idea where my sudden attitude was coming from and it did scare me a bit but he did this to me. He made me act crazy and feel a type of way. I hated how much control he had on my emotions.

"If you don't go I'll-"

"You'll what? Call my parents?" I turned away from his stare and kept my eyes focused on my empty seat. I needed something to gaze furiously at.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked, his voice now sweet.

"You're just now noticing how fucked up I am?" I laughed coldly. Students were now starting to fill up the class room, probably listening in to our argument.

"You're going to serve your lunch detention here. Now get to class!" He had never raised his voice at me before and it did not feel good at all. How harsh could he be? What happened to Mr. Sweet Voice?

As I stomped out of the room, the eyes of his students followed me. I felt like crying but the tears never came, just anger. Hot balls of fiery anger.

..............

Before I arrived to his room for my detention, I texted Max to alert him that I wouldn't be at lunch. This sucked. Just because I decided not to listen to him didn't mean I deserved to have lunch detention.

As I took my seat in his vacant classroom, I looked at him with the meanest expression I could conjure up. I sat there for a couple minutes as he ate his burger and fries in silence.

"You can continue to look at me or we talk about your sudden attitude problems." he said, wiping his hands with a wet towelette.

"I don't have an attitude problem." I spat. Okay, maybe that didn't help my case.

"What did I do to make you suddenly hate me?" The look on his face broke my heart. He looked like an injured puppy with his wide sparkling eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

"I told you about myself and you continued to push me, wanting to know more and more when I don't want to talk about it at all with anyone. You don't even tell me about yourself." It was true. I knew his personality but nothing about his past.

"You want to know more about me?" He stood from his desk and walked up to where I sat. "I graduated last year from FSU; I'm twenty-three years old; I was raised in Colorado, and both of my parents died last year."