Chapter 26: Emergency

My whole world shattered when I heard Max speak those words. Not only did he see us, so did Tessa, someone that I was just starting to get along with again. No matter how much that I hated that they saw us, I was glad it wasn't a teacher. I might have a chance to save Chad if they would listen to me.

Speaking of Chad, he was frozen from shock and I didn't blame him. I was surprised that I could actually talk.

"Max... and Tessa, what are you guys doing here?"

"Max wanted to talk to you. I saw you walk in so I thought you would still be here. I was right." Tessa answered, looking down at the floor as she rocked on her heels.

"Can you leave us alone Chad?" I asked. I needed them focused on me if I was going to get them to listen.

He looked at me crazy, "I don't think that's the best idea."

"Why don't you listen to her?" Max added, giving him a death stare. He was not happy at all.

Chad looked like he was going to say something back and I did not have time for a testosterone battle between Max and him.

"Please, it'll be quick." I assured him.

Thankfully, that was enough for him and he left the supply closet, closing the door behind him.

"Before you guys go running to the school board with pitchforks, I need you guys to hear me out."

"Hear you out?" Max scoffed. "You're fucking around with a dinosaur."

I pointed my finger at him, upset with his accusation. "First, he's only twenty-three and secondly, I've never fucked around with anyone."

"Wait, you're a virgin?" Tessa raised her brows.

"I don't care what age he is, you're still in high school and he's your teacher. That's disgusting." He spat.

"Nice to know how you feel about me." I rolled my eyes.

"You know I'm talking about him. He took advantage of you."

"You're one to say that." He was being such a hypocrite. "Just to let you know, I made the first move."

"Wait!" Tessa hollered. "You're a virgin?"

Really, why was that such a big deal? There was a time when it was a big deal to not be one.

"This is so fucked up." Max sighed. "I'm not okay with this."

"You don't have to be."

"How long?"

"Officially, since late October. Unofficially, since the day I went to the hospital."

"Hospi-what?!" Tessa cocked a brow. "I'm so out of the loop."

"We were still together that day." He frowned. "You actually cheated on me?"

I knew I would have to admit it one of these days. Why did it have to be now? This was not going to help my case. "It was just a kiss and after that we tried to end things. We ended up breaking soon after so I didn't have a chance to confess."

"So he's this guy you told me you love?"

I nodded. "If you guys snitch, I don't know what I would do. Anyways, I'm old enough to be with who I want to be with."

"Why were you at the hospital?" Tessa raised her hand. "And... you're a virgin?"

"I'm sorry but I can't keep this secret. What he's doing is wrong on so many levels." Max shook his head. "I have to tell."