Chapter 2: Are We Cool?

4 Weeks Later, Monday

Things had been going pretty well, I guess. I'd kind of made a routine for my days:

1. Max takes me to school

2. Go to English class and gawk at Mr. Mason (he made me answer a lot of questions for some reason)

3. Go to three more classes where I was not even noticed (sometimes teachers marked me absent)

4. Have lunch with Max, just the two of us... unfortunately

5. TA (Teacher Assist) for Mr. Mason for my fifth period. (I was glad and equally surprised when I found out he wasn't picked already.)

6. Go to my last two classes of the day (where I was physically invisible)

7. Max took me home where I do my homework and hangout with him (if he didn't have basketball practice)

*On weekends, I stayed home and either write or watch TV (I love LMN movies!).

So yeah, my life was pretty boring-- correction: I had no life. Before Max, I would have hung out with friends, go to the mall, and be indirectly invited to every party there was, but those times had melted away with my reputation. All my party invites came through Anna anyways. The highlights of my days were now the friendly banter between Mr. Mason and I since he was pretty funny.

I loved talking to Max too, but sometimes we spent too much time with each other. He was a bit smothering. At least he hadn't beaten me again, yet. I've also noticed that Anna never came back to class; I figured she was switched out. I was in no way at all complaining. Keep the witch out.

Today, unlike the other days, Max decided to walk me to Mr. Mason's classroom after lunch, which was abnormal since we usually just kissed goodbye and split off on our own ways at the cafeteria. He said he wanted to walk me to class, as if we didn't spend enough time together.

"Lilly, I see you've brought a friend." Mr. Mason greeted me at the door. He was talking to me, but his eyes were locked with Max's.

"I needed to see who's been working my Lilly boo so hard." Max said before he kissed me gently on my forehead.

Lilly boo?

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks in embarrassment. Why was he behaving like that? Could he have been jealous? For goodness sakes, he was my teacher!

I looked at him in time to see a death glare he threw towards Mr. Mason. He was jealous... but why?

"Well, I'll try to go a little easy on her." Mr. Mason smiled. Talk about professional.

He turned away and headed to his desk, but turned back before quickly turning away again. I could've sworn I saw a slither pain in his eyes. Was I crazy and seeing things that could not possibly be there? Yeah, that was more probable.

"What was that?" I whispered angrily to Max.

"When you talked about him, I thought you were talking about a fifty year old guy, not that!" he whispered back.

"He's a teacher, Max! Anyways, you take me to this class in the morning, I thought you would have noticed him."

"He just looks like an older student!" his lips pouted up and he crossed his arms over each other. Goodness, he was childish; I was in no mood to babysit.

"You're going to be late for class." I replied, walking to Mr. Mason's desk, leaving immature Max behind at the doorway.

For the whole class period, Mr. Mason made me grade papers and barely spoke to me, let alone look my way. It was way weird. He was usually the only teacher that actually paid attention to me, but here he was ignoring me like a subtle itch.