Chapter 10: Taco and Tattoos

"I can't do this." I pushed his hands away from me. I didn't care that we were alone where no one else could see us, this was still wrong. I was trying to get myself together and now he was continuously pushing himself on me. It was kind of disgusting and repulsive.

This was his first year teaching and he was already getting tangled up with a student. Was this just fate or is he just unprofessional? Will this happen every year he teaches? I didn't want to be number one in his list of student crushes.

"I get it, you need time." He dug his hands into his pockets as his eyes were locked with mine. His stare still made me feel uncomfortable.

"If I needed time I would have said that. I think I should go." I walked out of his classroom, not returning the bye he sent me as I made my way to the door.

I was too young to be having these problems and too tired to be dealing with them. If only he would actually think about my feeling, then he would let me free because a fire only dies when you stop feeding it. He needed to stop feeding this relationship, Yes, I did like him, but I also knew what was right and this was just plain wrong.

My body yearned to run back and just jump in his arms but my body is stupid. I wasn't going to be reeled back in a complicated relationship let alone a relationship at all.

*

"Are you ready to see Larry?" Damian smiled as we made our way to his car. This whole day had been so hectic that I needed a purr from my little kitty.

"You have no idea." I was glad that he finally was back to his cheerful self and not that mean angered Damian he was before. I needed a friend.

Standing next to the passenger door, I noticed my book lying on the back seat through the window. I can't believe I forgot it again. I lost two days of my two weeks before I have to bring it back to the library.

Aw crap.

I forgot that I'm supposed to go to the library with Max today. Damian was going to be so angry.

"Lilly!" I turned around to see Max in his varsity jacket walking towards us.

"What does he want?" Damian asked, back to his mean glare. Why did he have to get so mad at me this fast?

"I forgot to tell you. I'm volunteering at the library-"

"With him?" he muttered.

"Yes, with me." Max answered from behind me. I didn't dare look back at him while Damian was this angered with me.

"Yeah but it's only two days a week! I'll come to your place after and we can hangout."

"Just go." He entered his car without even saying goodbye. Why did guys act like such girls?

-----

"Isn't Anna going to be mad about this?" I asked, putting on my seatbelt. It felt weird to be back in Max's car. It felt so different but I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

"Anna is not my keeper. It's not like I'm serious with her or anything."

"Well she thinks so." I remembered my meeting with her in the bathroom. She really felt that she meant something to him.

"You know I don't really like her."

"Then why are you with her?"

"Because she likes me." He said as he pulled out of the school parking lot.

"Wow." I rolled my eyes.

"Wow what?" he asked flabbergasted.

"Just wow."