Chapter 5: Relapse

Chapter 5: Relapse 

"Well I think she looks like a hideous troll that needs to go back crawling under her bridge." I heard Anna's voice say.

Once again, someone was talking to my back. It was very annoying, a hundred times more now that I knew it was Anna. Unlike what I did back at the mall, I turned around to see her in that disgusting tight blue dress. It was like seeing a pig trying to fit though a Cheerio. She was not overweight but wearing something that constricting did no justice to her fit body.

"Anna. I wish I could say it was a pleasure to see you but I'm trying to cut back on lying." I saw Chris walk away at the corner of my eye. I didn't blame him.

If I was in his shoes, I would be running for the hills. No one wanted to be near two girls squawking endlessly at each other.

"We've all known that you're far from trustworthy, Li-lly." A couple of her minions gathered around at her side. Bitchy-ness seemed to attract annoying followers.

Some jerk from the crowd hollered out, "Cat fight!". Well if it wasn't a fight from the beginning, it certainly was now.

"Silent once again. You're so scared of me, right? You're terrified of me beating your ass. Putting a pretty dress on a donkey doesn't change it. You're still an ass." Her friends cheered her on for her hurtful remarks.

Where were my cheerleaders? Where were the people who would comfort me in my time of need? Where was Max?!

I looked at the monster who stood in front of me. The girl I once called friend and shared shoes with. The one who made me feel ten times better than I really was was now doing the exact opposite. How could I have been so naive back then?

She was a bully and she was from the start. It started in pre-K when she kicked sand in others faces to now; poking fun at abuse. I was so blind because she wasn't doing it to me. I ignored it all because she was my so called friend. The covers were no longer in front of my eyes. I now saw Anna for who she really was, a bully.

"Speak troll." She pushed me, nearly making me fall back but I found balance.

"What's going on here?" Chad's voice interrupted.

Chad. He was my cheerleader. Whenever there was something wrong with me, he came to the rescue. Chad Mason; my supporter. I hated to admit that since he was my teacher, but it was true. He was my friend.

"Nothing that concerns you." Anna snapped at him.

Brianna snuck up behind him and grabbed hold of his arm, locking their elbows together. "Babe, kids will be kids. Let them have their fun." She said into his ear. 

The dislike I had for her grew two times its size with every word she said. He was trying to stop a fight in progress but it was like she was trying to halt his aid. She wanted us to fight.

"Stay out of this Bri." he replied, unlocking their arms.

She was not right for him. I, being his student, wasn't either but she was just all wrong for him. I couldn't ever see him being with her long term. To be honest, I only saw him being with me.

A smile crept on my face but I removed it as soon as it came. I couldn't show my happiness of him telling her off.

"Lilly!" Max yelled as he ran towards me. So now he wanted to come? It was funny how he decided to do something once he saw Chad. He was being more jealous than chivalrous.

"Lilly!" he called out again.

 Turning away from Anna, I looked at Max who was now next to me.