46.5 Charlotte pt2

I'm baaaaack! And with actual wifi instead of mooching off restaurants!

I'm sure you're confused as to why I put this in another part. The answer: logistics. The other chapter was realllllly long (like well over 6000 words) and it was getting kinda glitchy, so I figured it wasn't a great idea to put 3000 more in there. (That's right over 3000 words)

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Pt. 2
You stared at the empty spot in shock. You were awake, this couldn't be happening. You slowly stood and wrapped yourself in a thick quilt. It definitely felt as though you had overstayed your welcome. Not even Calum could say you hadn't given the room a fair chance, but now it was far past the time you should've evacuated.

Your eyes swept across the room nervously as you stepped towards the door. As you came face to face with the old oak something seemed off. You felt as though someone else was here, and worse, watching you. A shiver ran up your spine and you pulled the blanket closer to you. Gripping the fabric tightly with one hand, your other hand shakily moved toward the worn brass knob. Just as you touched it, it began to rattle on its own. You screamed and jumped back.

"Anne Mariiiiiiie," a muffled voice sang through the wood, "I know you're in theeeeere!"

You slowly stepped backward further into the shadows, hoping that if you were perfectly quiet Charlotte would leave. Only she continued to taunt you through the door, convinced you were her former owner.

You felt tears of fear and frustration began to burn at the back of your eyes, but you knew crying would only make it worse, you had to be strong.

Suddenly behind you the television roared to life. You jumped as it began flicking through channels, stopping just long enough for a few words to get through.

"I know."

"You're in there."

"Come out."

"And."

"Play."

The sentence kept on repeating through various channels and stations. The words came from documentaries, westerns, dramas, sitcoms, and everything in between. All different people, different shows, different everything conveyed the same message over and over. Soon their speed began to increase until it was nothing but a high pitched whir. You put your hands over your ears and let the blanket drop, instead choosing to squeeze your eyes and ears shut. You could feel your heartbeat steadily increasing, and your breathing hitch in your throat. You tried to stay calm but it was becoming difficult.

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE COME OUT AND PLAY!" It screamed one last time and then switched to a loud static. You opened your eyes, but wished you hadn't.

The little dots on the screen weren't your average static station. Instead of randomly placed, black and white spots there was a red background with black dots coalescing in the center to form a humanoid figure. As the grainy mouth began to move, a voice rang above the rest of the white noise.

"I can see you Anne Marie," she said wickedly, "you can't hide from me."

"I-I'm not her, my name is Y/N," you stammered quietly, cowering back from the terrifying screen.

"SILENCE!" The voice screamed, "you've played this trick before and it's never worked! I know it's you!"

A book came flying off the shelf behind you, and you just ducked to miss it. It flew past your head and slammed into the wall. You shrieked and dove down behind the side of your bed, it wasn't a lot of coverage but at least you weren't such a large target.