62. He Protects You And Your Best Friend - Luke

Part 3/4

...
Requested by:
@StaceyStonier
...

When your cousins give you their stomach bug🤒

Luke:
You and your best friend both loved food. It was something you had initially bonded over. You loved all kinds of foods, and you both loved (trying) to make food as well.

When operating along those lines, things didn't always go as planned. You both required a lot of adult supervision, and sometimes Luke wasn't adulty enough to handle it all. But he tried his best so you didn't fault him when the muffins turned out flat or the cookies burned. The two of you mostly found it funny when Luke was deeply disappointed that it didn't turn out right again.

Today was one of your cooking days. Your best friend came over for the afternoon and you needed to make lunch.

"LUKEY! WE'RE HUNGRY!" You yelled from the kitchen, unsure of Luke's exact whereabouts.

"Nice to meet you Hungry One and Two, I'm Luke," he grinned, walking in from the other room.

"What? Lukey! It's me Y/N!" You said, confused.

"And I'm Y/BFF/N," she reminded him as well.

"No I know that it's a joke, get it because," he looked up and could tell he lost you by the blank expressions on your face, "you know what never mind. What did you want to eat?"

"Uhhhhh," you glanced over at Y/BFF/N. She didn't have any idea either and shrugged, "...food?"

"Real helpful," he chuckled. You watched as he walked over to the fridge and pulled it open. "How abouuuuuut, vegetables?" He teased you.

Right away you both started making retching noises, "ew, no gross!"

"Hmmm, how about vegetables and sandwiches?" He counter offered.

You considered this deal. Yes, you had to eat some veggies, but you did love a good sandwich.

"PB&J?" You asked, looking up at him hopefully.

"Is that good with you?" He turned and asked Y/BFF/N.

"Yeah, can I spread the peanut butter?" She asked.

"Fine, I'll chop the veggies, you two work on sandwiches," he started to pull stuff out like you could just work then and there.

"HEY HEY!" You held out your hands to stop him.

"WE'RE NOT DRESSED FOR THIS," Y/BFF/N complained.

"Dressed? For making sandwiches?!" Luke paused and looked down at you.

"Yes, you can't just cook wearing whatever," you snorted as if he was being ridiculous.

"Okay, I guess you two change, I'll start cutting up some peppers," he shook his head and left you two to do whatever you needed to do.

What you and your best friend were referring to were chef outfits that your Mum had gotten the both of you for Christmas. Luke wasn't there when you received them, so he didn't know that you were determined to be a chef. The two of you were well prepared too, you spent a lot of time watching Gordon Ramsey.

So you both ran out of the kitchen to your room. You took the stairs two at a time and ripped open your closet.

"Yes! These are so cool!" You handed her hers, and took your costume out for yourself. It was pretty basic white pants with a double-breasted white jacket. You were very excited to see "Hemmings," embroidered on your jacket, it made you feel special. It was complete with he tall, fluffy white chef hats. (The official name for chef hats is toque blanche for anyone interested👩‍🍳)