12.

Sixteen units with the minimum of twenty men each not including the Captains and two S.Ls were loaded into eight cargo planes. They arrive at a small rural area and walk to Hiroshima. Half the cities skyscrapers were blown up and supernatural creatures were living in S.I.D.O temporary shelters. Their main mission, for now, is to keep civilians safe while sweeping the hot zones and rescuing anyone they find.

The local school was S.I.D.O's main base, Stone was to make a safe spot east of the base and close to the hot zones as possible, Williams was to do the same in the south, Coon in the north in case the base needed to evacuate and Row in the south. They were to surround the main base. They each take the squad members with more experience leaving the new Rooms with Captain Granger they are given four men from the Japan S.I.D.Os branch to help them navigate.

"Alright doing a sweep of sky tower in the east," all S.Ls are to keep a digital diary of their daily activities so the Captains can stay up to date always.

"Everyone out, and keep eyes watchful, humans were spotted not far from here. Kio and Stark to the roofs," Amoura calls out commands seconds after leaving the base.

"Yes, ma'am."

A month passes and Amoura has yet to send word to anyone especially to Alexander, despite her telling Alphonse she would do just that. Her anger has gotten the better of her and she hasn't been ready to speak to Alexander and Alexander being the kind of man he is won't push it.

Amoura collects her mail before heading up to the roof for her turn in night watch.

"Get some rest Stark," Amoura advices.

He nods, "yes ma'am," he walks past her in silence.

Amoura sits down and does a quick sweep before looking through her mail. Another letter from Alphonse, she doesn't get the chance to read it for humans start their attack.

"S.L Stone! The south has been compromised!" Amoura snaps out of her emotions and looks to Williams zone. Amoura looks to the streets and sees human heat signatures.

"Clear the building now!" She grabs the mini laptop and her bag before getting her squad to jump across buildings tops till they were a few blocks from the base. Stone sets off the explosions in the building.

"All squads, evacuate civilians to the northern base immediately," Amoura's unit arrives at their area shelter and starts evacuating civilians.

"Stark, Kio take a high point. Windly, to the front everyone else, surrounds the civilians. Let's get moving," Stone takes the end and faces away to keep an eye down the street.

"Incoming!" Amoura yells as the jeep Stark and Kio warned her about turns the corner.

"Get the civilians to safety!"

Amoura removes her gear and shifts before running across and jumping on the windshield, she shifts back and takes out the men sticking out the windows and on the back. She ignores the bullets as she crawls into a window and takes down the driver. Stone crashes the jeep into the one left of her. She crawls out and shifts back to take down the humans hiding.

"Clear!" Amoura walks back to her clothes and gets dressed.

"Keep walking," they make their way to Coon's base by sunrise.

"Who else has arrived?" Amoura asks as she gets her squad inside.

"Just you, those on the main base are a few blocks away," Amoura nods and takes the few wolves she has out to meet them in their wolf forms. Amoura small pack takes down those tailing Granger's civilians.

"General Hashimara has informed us that Hiroshima and surrounding towns are to be evacuated. Bombing planes are taking off and will be here within the next four hours, we must go now. Pack the vehicles with elderly and injured. Those that can walk get them going now. We have to be as far from here as possible," Granger commands for them to get ready to leave.

The eight wolves from Coon and Stones units shift and volunteer to carry children. The ten wolves from the remainder of the units follow suit. Within thirty minutes they were traveling. The four children Amoura is carry are holding onto her coat of fur tightly as she speeds through the streets avoiding cars. The children make it to the safe zone second to the elderly and the injured, Stone makes two trips with the trucks when they're told the planes could be seen on the horizon.

Trembling shakes the ground as the cities in the horizon go up in flames. The shock wave sends those watching flying back a couple of yards. "You all alright?" Captain Granger asks them.

"What happens now?" Stone asks Granger.

"We stay alert until the evacuation planes arrive," Granger doesn't hesitate to reply with the next step. Stone follows General Hashimara to the rural town they were in. Stone searches through her things and pulls out the digital camera she had.

"What do you got there Stone?" Williams asks.

"A digital camera," she raises it and takes a photo of the horizon. Amoura looks at Williams as he runs away with the camera that was in her hands moments ago. The next morning planes arrive to take the civilians to a safe town in upper Japan.

All of the U.S. units working with Captain Granger were flown to Australia to resupply, hand fallen soldiers to proper officers who will then hand them over to their loved ones and to pick up new unit men.

Amoura takes the time to stop and read the letter Alphose sent her, she stares at it as she tries to will the message to change, he's dead. Alexander Sterling is dead.

Amoura makes her way to the phone center but instead of calling she stares at the small cubical walls as the sadness disappears and a numbness settles in.

"If you're not going to use the phone then go, don't take up space," a officer walks up to her, Amoura nods and she walks out, what's the point of calling to confirm Alphonse wouldn't lie about such a thing.

Amoura gets up and walks aimlessly around the base. She's stopped when Coon spots her, "Stone what is it?" She looks at him.

"The fiance I never really wanted is dead," laughter bubbles to the surface.

"He died. I'm the one rushing into battle zones and he's the one who dies. He died helping a pack I don't belong to anymore," Tears sting her eyes as denial fades.

"Stone-" she stops him from hugging her.

"No! I dont want to be comforted because of someone else's stupid mistakes," Amoura refuses to be help as the tears fall.

"I didn't ask him to do such a stupid thi-" Coon hugs her anyways.

"Because he wanted to show you he loved you regardless," Amoura goes limp in his arms as the piece of metal pierces her heart.

"Stone?! I need a medic! Stone stay with me," Despite fearing of doing more damage Coon starts CPR.

"Stay with me Stone!"