The Three Boys

Flashback continuation...

Well the school year went on and Jay and I became closer.

Our 7th grade year is ending so it meant that our last Formal dance is coming up.

Everyone is asking for dates.

By everyone, I mean everyone!

Diego obviously asked Juls.

Juls was second guessing, but of course what kind of best friend would I be if I told her to do what she wants. Haha.

It was even cute how he asked her.

He asked her similarly using our Juice Box initiation.

How? Well...

Throughout the day Juls have been mysteriously receiving juice boxes, specifically the same juice box flavors we always drink. The difference on these boxes is that the have a single letter drawn on them.

Twenty three juice boxes to be exact.

Jay was in on it because he was the one who told us not to throw any of it away.

It was weird because I thought Jay was the one asking Juls.

When dismissal came, Jay was standing there with flowers so I knew it had to be him.

Then Diego pops up behind us and walks towards Jay and took the flowers away from him. Afterwards, he walked towards Juls and I and said, "Me?" His head was tilted to the side and the sweetest smile conjured up in his face.

He looked like a cute little baby, proud that he finally had the guts to do this.

Of course, Juls was confused and had to ruin the moment by asking what he meant by "me?"

He shook his head and asked her to put the juice boxes in the order from the first received to the last. I had to help out because she's oblivious and has the worst memory. Haha kidding. I did help though.

When she figured it out, she remained silent not knowing what to respond. She struggled to speak so her stare remained on the ground. I knew she wants to say yes, but she's just shy about it. Her actions obviously made Diego unhappy.

It looked like he knew what her answer was, so he gave her the defeated smile and nodded.

Diego was about to walk back to Jay when Juls grabbed his hand.

"So you're not going to wait for my answer? Looks like you don't want me to go with you after all." Juls shrugged her shoulders. Classic teasing.

"Are you kidding? Go with me, please." Diego pleaded.

"Only because you said please, and you asked nicely." Anyone could tell, even a baby, that Julia was blushing.

"Kinikilig na yan!" Jay laughed.

Yes, Jay is Filipino. He said he was born in Australia who moved to the Philippines when he was five.

The reason why he moved? He said because of his family business crisis and that his mother had to work at the Philippines to manage their company.