13

Before///                  (Over the phone)
I ask Grayson to take me to go get my car. Then I explain to him, how amazingly drunk I was and how I got home. After I explain myself there was silence. And he didn't respond.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

    ~Marie's POV~
Grayson finally responds.
-yeah, okay. I'll be there in a few. Text me the address

I hung up and put on something better than sweat pants and a t shirt. Well, not better, but something that doesn't make it look like I just woke up.

As I finish the doorbell rings. I walk down stairs, where my mom is answering the door. "Another one?" She asks.

I shrug. Grayson raises an eyebrow. I walk over to my mom and give her a kiss on the cheek before following Grayson out to his car. "Your mom loves me!" He stated sarcastically. I chuckle.

-------
The ride there was so quiet and full of tension. "I don't hate you. You're a cool person." Grayson stated. I cheekily smile, and turn to him. He glances at me and chuckles, then turns back to the road.

"Either you're lying, or you're bipolar as fuck. 'Cause you basically yelled at me the other day!" I stated. "I didn't yell!" He defended. "Yes, actually. You kinda did." I stated. "No I didn't! I made my point. You are just hard headed." He pointed out.

I roll my eyes. We stop at a red light, and he turns to me. "I'm going to sound confusing, as fuck. But why didn't you call Ethan?" He asks.

Shit! I'm not going to tell him about what I think happened, cause he'll probably just yell at me again. Maybe even kick me out his car.

"Yea, you sound hella confusing right about now." I stated. "But maybe if you didn't yell in my face telling me to stay away from your brother, I maybe would've." I stated.

No I wouldn't have. That's a fucking lie.

"Are you trying to, guilt trip me?" He asks as we start driving again. "I wasn't going to say anything but... If the shoe fits, wear it." I stated.

He rolled his eyes. "But you were right though!" I stated. "How?"

"You said your brother is an ass. And you were right!" I stated. He started laughing.

--
We pulled up to his house, and he parked the car. He unlocked the door and we got out. He walks up to his door but doesn't go in yet.

I open the door and look in the front for my keys but I can't find them. I look in the passenger seat but it's not there.

As I'm looking in the passenger seat I get a glance of the mirror. Grayson is staring at my ass. I chuckle and turn around. He quickly looks the other way.

I shut my car door. I thought about confronting him, but I decide not to. "They're not in there." I stated. "Do you want to check inside?" He asks. I shrug.

He opens the door and waves me inside. I walk in to see that the house is clean. Like, super clean. "Wow." I say. "What?" He asks. "You guys clean up fast." I stated. "I clean up fast." He corrected me. "Ethan doesn't do shit! He gets zero credit." Grayson stated. "I didn't see you down here once!" I stated. "Exactly. Ethan throws the parties and gets wasted, and I'm stuck cleaning!" He stated shutting the front door.

I shake my head. 'Yikes. That sounds like fun.' I say to myself as I look around. I don't see my keys anywhere. "Did you find it?" Grayson asks. I run a hand through my hair, and furrow my eyebrows. "No." I stated. "Uhm, what do they look like?" He asks.

I don't answer. My keys are really depressing. Well for me. There is a picture of me from my fourth grade picture day. I was missing a few teeth, I wore big ass bifocals, and had pigtails. "Marie?" Grayson asks. "Yea?" I reply. "What do the keys look like?" He asks again. I bite my lip. "Uhm... I forgot?" I say as more of a guess.

He raises an eyebrow. "Really? You forgot what your keys look like?" He asks. I nod. He doesn't say anything else. "There's an embarrassing picture of you on it isn't there?" He finally asks.

I shake my head rapidly. "Ha, no." I lie. "There is!" He stated. I sigh. "..Yeah. But if you find them. Don't look at the picture. I don't even know why I still have that on there. It's scaring even to this day, everytime I look at it." I stated.

He rolls his eyes. "It can't be that bad, but if I find it, I'll try not to look at the picture." He stated. "You'll try?" I ask. "Okay, I will not look at it. [Until I give them to you.]" he says quietly. "I'll go check my room. And I think Ethan's gone, so you can check his." He stated.

I nod and follow him upstairs. I stand in the hallway, lost. "A little help?" I ask. "The one on the end." He stated walking into his room.

I walk into Ethan's room. Surprisingly it was extremely clean. I look around. As I check under his bed his bathroom door opens.

Fuck.

I quickly lift up from the floor, and try to leave. But before I get out he stops me. "Marie?" He asks.

I slowly turn around to him. His towel hanging dangerously low, and his hair slicked back. "Yup. That's me." I stated. I glance at his chest, and found that I couldn't stop looking at him.

Water droplets covering his body. And again, his damn towel is hella low. "I can take the towel off if you want." He stated.

My eyes widen and I look up from his body. "What?" I ask. "I said, I can take the towel off, if you want me to." He repeated with a smirk. I shake my head. "No no! Keep that towel on! I just came for my keys. Not you! The keys."