34

Before///
"Here." He says handing me my keys and walking past me. I check my watch. "What the hell took you so long?" I ask.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~Grayson's POV~
Ethan sits on the couch and puts his feet up. He grabs the remote and completely ignores me.

"Are you hearing impaired now?" I ask. He looks over at me. He turns the tv on keeping eye contact with me. "I just don't care what you're saying." He stated, then looks at the tv.

Cameron walks downstairs, and puts her hands over Ethan's eyes. "Who is it?" She asks.

"Satan?" He guesses. "Correct." Cameron replied. Ethan chuckles and gets up to hug her.

"I still hate you." She said. "Hate you more." He said eagerly and they released from the hug.

I shake my head.

My mom walks through the door. "Where the hell were you?" She asks Ethan.

"In the river." Ethan lied. "How?" My mom asks not buying any of it.

"There was a fish out of the water, and he went to help it but tripped and fell in." I lie.

"Mhm.." my mom says and walks upstairs to her room. Ethan sniffles and puts his hand over his mouth.

He nods, and points at me. "You. Are amazing." He stated. "You're a fucking prick, but I gotta back you up." I responded.

It's a guy thing!

Cameron shakes her head. "Is this what I missed when I was gone?" She asks.

"Pretty much."

    ~Marie's POV~My mom and I are at a restaurant eating dinner

~Marie's POV~
My mom and I are at a restaurant eating dinner. I didn't really feel like eating.

This is my dad's favorite restaurant and it kinda sucks that he's not home yet. Worrying so much, I'm just not hungry anymore.

My mom puts down her menu and looks at me. "What's wrong sweetie?" She asks.

"I'm just not hungry." I stated. "Remember what you told me? He's fine, okay." She stated.

I nod. Suddenly a man in airsoft camo clothing walks into the restaurant. My heart drops.

The man takes off his hat and I see my father standing there.  I gasp and hop out of my seat.

He walks over and embraces me in the tightest hug. I feel like it lasted hours. I finally release from the hug. Tears slipping down my cheeks.

"I- I missed you so much." I stated and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

My mom walks over and he hugs her tightly. They pull away and he pecks her lips.

I hear clapping behind us.

Not right now people. God, go back to your own less important, and boring lives!

I hug my dad again and he walks with us back to the table.

Alrighty. Now let's get ma eat on. Less worrying. And more eating.

I fucking love food.

-----------
My dad and I do this thing where every time we come here we get a mountain of nachos.

But the catch is, it's kinda like jenga. We take the nachos and if you knock the mountain of nachos down you're a loser. You can't pick from the top. And you can't pass.

Basically. And we're very competitive people, so this usually ends up being a bigger deal than it should.

I take one from the middle and eat it. My mom just watched in amusement.

She hates nachos. I don't know why. But she does. I think she needs medical attention.

My dad grabs one of the nachos that are stuck together. He tried to take it quickly but the nachos fell, some dropping on the table.

I raise both of my arms in the air. He shakes his head. "Champ three years in a row." I gloated.

"You've had practice." He defended. "No I didn't." I argue.

We're talking over each other back and forth when my mom stops us. "There a bunch of nachos." She stated.

"This has ethical meaning mother." I stated. "It's a freaking tradition. And he lost. Again." I stated, saying the last part quietly.

---------
We're eating dinner and my mom is catching my dad up.

I'm staring at my phone screen pretending I am getting text messages cause I don't care what they're talking about.

Suddenly I get a real text and I jump a little. My parents look at me awkwardly. I just smile.

It's I text from Ethan.
________________________________________
_Babeeeee💕
💕- Hey, where r u?

~ I'm out rn.
~ what's wrong?

💕- nothing I'm just bored
💕- so so bored

~ well I gtg stare at my reflection for a moment, but I'll call you when I get home

💕- because that's normal

~ yeah, it is!

💕- smh, okay???
💕- bye bby
_____________________________👀....______

I smile and put my phone down. I turn and my dad is looking over my shoulder.

"Dad?" I ask. He chuckles nervously and moves. "So who's this babe 'e' 'e' 'e', guy?" He asks curiously, as he takes a long sip of his soda.

I shake my head. "It's my friend." I stated.

Technically I'm not lying. He is my friend. I just took out the word boy, is all.       

Friend.    
Boy--- friend.
Friend. All the same to me.

"Oh I forgot to tell you. She has a boyfriend now." My mom stated. I choke on my water.

"Check?" I yell. "Can we get the check?" I ask.

Why would she do this? This is why I'm going to stop telling her things I swear.

She just goes around and tells everyone. Watch she tell that waiter that comes over, because she just likes to walk around telling people stuff.

God!!!

My dad looks at me. I shrug, and eat a piece of steak. "I- I don't know what she's. Talking about." I stated and eat another piece.