25

Before///
On my way down the hall I see Ethan and Daniel fighting.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ~Marie's POV~
I walk to the already formed crowd.

It's amazing.

These people don't do shit. They just stand there and watch.

I walk in to stop it but Grayson pushes me back. "You're going to get hit!" He stated.

Daniel pushed Ethan into the locker. "You're just going to sit back and watch this happen?" I ask.

"Ethan can fight his own battles." He stated. "If not you're a little bitch!" He yelled making sure Ethan could hear.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask. "He's older. Ask him." He suggested.

Ethan pushes Daniel to the ground and punches him multiple times.

"Stop!" I yell.

The hallways quiet.

Ethan stops and looks over at me. His knuckles bloody, and there's a cut on his lip, and above his eye.

Daniels nose was bleeding. And there was small splashes of blood on the lockers.

Daniel pushes Ethan off. Daniel stands up and wipes the blood from his nose.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask. Brian laughs a little. Hayden pushes him.

"Your boyfriend here, started it. Ask him." Daniel demands and pushes through the crowd.

"He's not my boyfriend." I stated. But Daniel just kept walking.

Ethan opens his mouth to speak. But nothing comes out.

He ran his bloody hand through his tousled hair.

He tried to speak again, but the only words that came out were: "I'm sorry." And he struggled to say it.

Ethan's breathing heavy. He shook his head, and stared at his knuckles.

The principle comes into view. People start to walk away.

"You three in the office now!" He yells at Ethan Grayson and I.

He pulls out his walkie. "I want Daniel Rivera to the office immediately." He demands. His voice was loud. And his expression was scary.

He usually doesn't get this angry.

---------
"How did this fight start?" Mr. Berkeley asks.

Grayson, Ethan and I stay quiet. Daniel speaks up. "It was just a disagreement." He lied.

"What about?" Mr. Berkeley asks. "It was about Marie." Daniel spoke.

I felt the air around me get thinner. My mom is going to beat my ass if she finds out.

Sexy Rivera- I meant Daniel, better shut up!

"What did you disagree on?" The principle asks. Daniel stays quiet.

Daniel and Ethan exchange looks.

Daniel scoots away from his mom. She raises an eyebrow.

"Daniel made a period joke. And Marie found it really offensive." Ethan lied.

Daniels mom heats up. "Él hizo lo que?*He did what?*" She asks. Daniel, sighs and rolls his eyes.

"No el infierno no. Lo hice mejor. Dejar de actuar como un tonto. Se disculpo!*Hell no! Stop acting like a fool, I taught you better. Apologize!*" She stated.

He nods. "I will." He stated. She hit his hand. "Voy a mamá!*I'm going to mom!*" He replied loudly.

"Niño estúpido!*Stupid boy!*" She says quietly. Daniel massages his temples.

"You will all act in the Shakespeare play for Mrs. Stevens." Mr. Berkeley stated.

Ethan and Grayson groan. "I don't do plays." Grayson stated.

"You do now!" Mrs. Dolan stated. "I wasn't even part of the fight yet I get punished?" Grayson asks as he stands from his chair.

"So, that's your brother. You should've stopped him." She stated.

My mom stood up, followed by Mrs. Dolan, and Mrs. Garcia.

They all walked out, and so did Daniel, Ethan, Grayson, and I.

"He's older!" Grayson stated. "I don't care." She replied. "We're not the same person!" He stated.

"You're not getting out of it. Now shut up!" Lisa demands.

I look over at Daniel and his mom. She's basically dragging him out. They're bickering he whole way.

"Hablar otra vez!*Say one more thing!*" Mrs. Garcia threatens. They walk outside and so do my mom and I.

Mrs. Garcia stops and pulls off her shoe. She holds it in her hand. Daniel walks away from her quickly.

"Esta bien joder! ¡Vuelva a colocar los zapatos! Ahora mamá.*Okay, fuck! Put your shoe back on! Now mom!*" Daniel demands sharply.

His mom shakes her head. She slips her shoe back on.

"Niño estúpido. Soy Dile a tu padre cuando llegue a casa!*Stupid boy. I am telling your father when he gets home.*"

"You don't even need to tell dad. You're just causing a scene!" He stated and opened the car door.

"¿Qué dices? Dice en Español!*What are you saying? Speak in Spanish!*" She demands and gets in the car.

They drive off. Grayson and Ethan are still arguing with their mom about the play.

My mom hasn't said a word. "I was the victim! If that's what you're thinking." I stated.

She shakes her head. "I just have a lot of stuff on my mind right now." She stated.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Your father called." She stated. "Wait. That's good news." I stated.

"His trip is delayed another few days." She stated. "He's fine. Don't worry about it." I assured her.

"You don't know that. What if he's hurt?" She asks. "Trust me mom. He's fine." I assure her.

She nods. "Okay." She replied.