Chapter 12; Caught red handed. //Her p.o.v//

I closed my locker and spoke, "Thanks again for helping me haha". He smiled and said, "It's all good. Oh there's something I want to ask you". "What is it?", I whispered raising my eyebrow. "There's a party going on tomorrow, you should come". "Oh I'm definitely going. What's your number?", I asked taking out a piece of paper and a pen.
He gave me his number and I shoved the piece of paper in my purse. We stared at each other for like two seconds until I smiled and he leaned in. I felt my heart racing. This isn't right. He kissed me on the cheek and smiled. I felt my face getting hot so I looked down at the ground.
Before I knew it Weston said, "Oh hey Mario! Have you met Julissa? She's super nice". I looked up and saw Mario. Shit. He looked really pissed. "Yeah, I know her sooo well!", He responded sarcastically. He looked down and grabbed my wrist. "Talk to you later, Weston", He shouted and pulled me away as he walked down the hallway.
"What the fuck Mario?", I yelled as I tried breaking my wrist free. "Don't question it, just walk", He mumbled. I wonder why he was so upset. Could he be...jealous? Nah, I don't think he would. I mean, we just got to know each other and I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend. I didn't say a word and after a while I tried holding his hand but he wouldn't let me...weird.
We finally got to some room and he inserted a key from his pocket and unlocked it. He softly pushed me in there and stepped in. He closed the door quietly, locked it, and stood on it so I wouldn't leave. "Why are you mad at me?", he groaned. "Why are you jealous?", I spat back smirking. "I'm not jealous at all, why would I be?", he rolled his eyes. "Can I go now? And why'd you bring me to a janitors closet?", I whispered. "No you have to tell me why you keep ignoring me. And it's quiet here", he replied.
"Some girl threatened me to stay away from you after you dropped me off", I told him as my eyes were watering. "Next time I'll walk you home. And I promise to look out for you next time", he picked up my chin and wiped my tears. I smiled and blushed. "I'm hungry can we go to lunch?", I said letting out a small laugh.
We walked into the cafeteria together with a small gap in between us. Once we got in the cafeteria I had no idea where to sit. All grades were combined in one room. Mario walked away from me as if he didn't even know who I was. Everyone was in their own category. Jocks, nerds, populars, etc. I finally reached a table that didn't seem to really have a category. There were 5 girls already there. "Is it okay if I sit here? I'm kinda new", I whispered. One of them had light brown hair with purple tips. She got up out of her seat and said, "And you're kinda popular". I was confused by her statement. A brunette girl sat her down and said, "Of course you can sit here, I'm Rachel and this is Aubrey, my idiotic fraternal twin". I smiled and sat down. "I'm Julissa, but you can call me Juli or Jules".