Chapter 18; Best friend...? //Her p.o.v//

Ariel brought up the game, 7 minutes in heaven. "So who wants to play?", she asked with a smirk. "Everyone volunteered and so did I. From across the room I saw someone give me a worried look until they pulled out their phone.
I slouched on the couch until some guy came up to me. "Hey...um, I was staring at you across the room and you're really pretty", he spoke. "Ohh?", I giggled. "Not to sound like a stalker or anything", he blushed. "No-no, it's fine", I smiled. "So what's your name cutie?", he grinned. "Julissa...yours?". "Call me, Hunter", he blushed. And after getting to know each other we exchanged numbers.
Hunter looked up so I looked in his direction. I saw Mario staring at me. "Give me a second I'll be right back", I told Hunter and walked out to Ariel's backyard.
I saw him standing to what seemed like trying to blend in with the people that were outside. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around to face me. "What are you doing here?", I whispered. "Are you really going to play seven minutes in heaven?", He told me with a laugh. "Why does it matter to you we're just friends! Remember?", I threw my hands on my hips. Gosh he knew how to get on my nerves. I tried walking away until he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.
"I'm sorry Julissa, I really am", He told me as he looked into my eyes. I smiled and he pulled me into a hug. "I accept your apology...Nice sweats by the way", I laughed. "Oh shut up I only came to-", I cut him off. "Check up on me?", I laughed. He smiled and we walked inside, together.
Once we were inside Hunter bolted to me. "What took you so long? I got worried", he put both his hands on my cheeks and looked me in the eyes. "Oh I just had to discuss something with Mario", I told him turning around pointing at Mario. Mario had a straight face expression as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "Oh Mario, uh, this is Hunter", I whispered.
Mario stood there not saying a word. I couldn't tell if he was annoyed, jealous, or pissed. "Who is he exactly...?", Hunter asked raising an eyebrow. "He's uh-". Mario cut me off. "I'm her BEST friend", he spoke before winking at me. "Yeah...'Best friend'", I whispered.