Chapter 16; Bad news. //Her p.o.v//

I woke up at 6:14 a.m and got ready for school. I put on my purse, a white tank top, a long sleeve grey sweater, black jeans, and black converses. I ate capn' crunch cereal for breakfast, and my mom decided to drive me to school.
She dropped me off in the parking lot of the school and right when she drove off Mario pulled up in one of the parking lots. "Mario what are you doing here? Aren't you suspended?!", I yelled walking up to his car. "Yes, but I don't want to be home alone. Skip school for me please?", he asked and put his keys in his pocket.
At that moment some girl came behind me and asked, "Mario who's this? You never told me about her". "Oh uh...that's Julissa, my friend", he answered. "Ohh okay", she faked a smile and walked away. I raised an eyebrow at him and he laughed nervously. "Is that all I mean to you? Just a frie-". He cut me off saying,"Julissa that's not what I meant I-". "You know what? I don't want to hear it Mario." I stormed off and headed inside school.
I went to my locker first to put away my purse. I opened the locker correctly and shoved my purse in there. "Hey Julissa can we ta-". "I don't want to hear it Mar-". I looked up and saw Jovani standing there with his hands in his pockets. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Today isn't really going too well", I confessed. "Haha It's cool...I wanted to talk to you about something".
I closed my locker and put my phone in my pocket. "What's up?", I asked smiling. "I-I...I like you Julissa", he whispered. His face got red, and I felt my cheeks getting warm. "I've felt some way towards you ever since the, incident", he confessed. "O-Oh", I whispered. The bell rang. "I'll talk to you later, I guess", he said and walked away.
The classes were pretty boring. Some went by quickly, though others felt like I had been there for years. Lunch time approached so I went to go get my purse. I went in the cafeteria and sat at the same table as yesterday. As soon as I sat down Lila, Skye, and Rachel approached me. "Can we talk to you...in private?", Rachel asked. "Yeah sure", I responded with a smile.
We walked to the girls bathroom and Skye got all the girls out then she locked the door. "We wanted to talk to you about...Mario", Rachel spoke. "Why? Is he okay?", I asked. "He's fine, well I hope so...anyways not the point! Mario is, bad news", Skye began to speak. "What do you mean?", I whispered. "If he acts flirty towards you, don't take this to the ass but...he doesn't like you", Skye confessed. "Trust me he just wants to hit it, then quit it", Lila spoke.
I felt like my heart shattered into millions of pieces. I actually thought he felt some way towards me but I guess he doesn't. "He's a fuck boy and just wants to use you", Skye told me and shrugged. "Lesson learned", I told them as I walked out the bathroom.