Chapter 19; Someone is watching. //His p.o.v//

After walking through twigs and bushes we finally got to the abandoned house. "You aren't going to kill me, right?", she asked worriedly. "What? No.", I laughed as I picked up a ladder that was on the floor. I placed it on the wall of the house. "Ladies first", I told her smirking. She got on the roof of the house and held the ladder so I can get up too. "Are you going to tell me why we're here now?", She asked me impatiently as we both sat down.
I grabbed both of her hands and looked her straight in the eyes.
I let out a huge breath and whispered, "Promise you won't tell anyone". "I promise", She responded as she put up her pinky. I let out a small laugh, then breathed out deeply again. "Okay...Well nobody really knows about this except for two or three people", I spoke as I looked up at the stars trying to avoid eye contact.
"...But um, I'm somewhat internet famous", I confessed. "But there's nothing wrong with that? Why wouldn't you tell people?", She asked. "You don't understand. If they find out my reputation would be ruined. They'll think I'm weird for having fanpages about me and stuff", I shook my head and looked down at our hands that were still interlocked.
"...I actually think fanpages are cool", she giggled. I felt relieved. I smiled and looked up at her. Without a hesitation I said, "You know this is why I-". We heard a noise in the bushes. "We should go-". She cut me off by asking, "why? It was probably just an anim-". "No, Julissa. We have to GO", I told her as I jumped off the roof.
I looked up at the roof and she was still standing there. "What are you waiting for? Jump!", I yelled. "I can't!", she yelled back. "Don't look down. Close your eyes and jump!", I yelled out as I put my arms open. She jumped and I caught her but it caused me to fall on my back. We both laughed until we heard another noise from the bush. We quickly sat up and a raccoon came out of the bushes. Julissa pinched my ear and said, "See! I told you it was an animal". She laughed so I gave her a resting bitch face which caused me to laugh too.
I gave her a piggyback ride as I walked back to my car. Although a raccoon came out of the bush, I still felt as if we were being watched.
"Why were you scared to jump off of the house?", I asked her as I drove off. "I'm afraid of heights", she whispered as she put on her seat belt. I smiled at her and I responded by saying, "That's good to know for future reference". "Wait, what do you mean?", she laughed.
I didn't reply back to her question but I gave her a wink. It was already 10 p.m so I took her to her house. She told me which house was hers and I took her there around ten minutes later.