Dracons and Dragons

I felt the heat for what I had done afterwards. The burly guard knights had taken it upon themselves to beat me. Two held me as the other repeated jabbed at my body. I hated how fragile I was in this form. I bled from my lip, temple, and various other places I couldn't see at the moment. My left eye was swollen and I tasted blood in my mouth. There was no struggling, I jerked away pushing my weight against the left guard and limping from their grasp. I was cornered. 

    The left and right guards both charged in at the same time. I managed to grip the left guard's collar, swinging him into the right guard and causing them to collapse. Too bad I didn't see the burly one. He smashed into me full force. My legs crumbled beneath me and I was on my knees wrestling from under him. I elbowed him in the temple and he howled but not before i took a chunk out of him. Human form or not, I am a dracon. I had his flesh in my teeth and spit it away disgusted. He wasn't even good enough to eat. I shook off the pain and threw him off of me. He was now crying and grasping his neck as he bled out. 

     Too bad for good behavior. The other too were shaken to the core. They stood frozen in defensive positions across the room as the man fell. I could hear more coming. I turned, shattered the glass from the small window, and managed to lodge myself through and out. For the second time in two days I was a dead man...dracon. Whatever.

    As I fell, the ground came closer and closer but i couldn't will myself to change. I didn't have enough strength to turn into my real form so i braced myself. My father had taught me to be strong as I was and in my human form as well. He would often make me change to build stamina and will power. I took a breath. To change, I must dig into myself. I closed my eyes and felt the wind, it was one of my specialties. I wasn't much as a human, but as a dragon, I was one of the greatest. I felt the wind currents and called to them, I scratched at my mind of who I really was, I beckoned my scales to replace this skin, my fire to replace these fragile lungs. I felt the change as my wings expanded, and my presence became greater. Though my flame was low, it had heated what I needed. My landing shook, not only the castle, but the land as well. 

    I was free, finally free. My vision, my claws, my fire, I felt like a child again, too happy to care that soldiers were now spilling out of the castle gates to seize me. I snarled as I tried retreating towards the gardens. I still couldn't take flight and I felt myself, weak and defenseless. King Shalm bursted from the gates in a fit of rage.

    "What is going on!? What is this!? I save you and in return you murder one of my people, my knight!?" He was enraged. His hand wasn't gentle anymore, it was on his belt where his sword was sheathed. 

    "Sire! No." Aura ran to her father. Her wound was bandaged but the sight was even more of a reason for the king to be furious. He turned his sword to me.

    "My beloved daughter as well? Have you no brains for a beast." He hissed. I had turned every friend I owned into enemies. I had hurt everything around me. Maybe I was the beast they held me as.

    "No, he is innocent father. The knight attacked him, what he did as in self defense. He did not mean to hurt anyone. Father please, call off your men. He is my hands, you promised to punish me instead." She pleaded and it seemed the kings ears were closed to her words. His face still stony, his eyes still glaring. But softly, slowly he began to release his statue form and hear his daughter.

    "And that it shall be, you, for the death of this man have eared 100 lashes, you are not to bed for a day, you are to be confined to your chambers." He left with that. The crowd was grim. The knights slowly turned to follow the king but the princess stood last.

I was speechless, what am I to say after this. I could never be a good sight to these people. I could never, not once, be without the title of beast.